• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 keith custard

keith custard

Distinguished Shooter

• Consultant / Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Interests:high power, rimfire sporter, coaching, cooking, volunteering!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:29 PM

i finally let camp perry go today at noon. got home early afternoon. after rimfire i(we) rebuilt close to 300 of the daisy 853 air rifles. ray vaughn and i coached a rattle battle team. we did not have the low score. amazing! shot the carbine match. passed out ammo for the final match of cmp week. shooting plus the meds i am taking have caused enough bruises to qualify me for a pfa. i need to find a match legal way to absorb recoil so i can shoot more. ideas?? i cannot use on rifle recoil pads like the beretta gel. as issued military must use original steel. all else ok. remember it is not to early to start planning for perry 2012. tentative schedule is already posted.

#2 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,450 posts
  • Interests:CMP Rimfire Sporter, Karate, Iaido, Aircraft and most anything that reflects skill and talent.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:49 PM

i finally let camp perry go today at noon. got home early afternoon. after rimfire i(we) rebuilt close to 300 of the daisy 853 air rifles. ray vaughn and i coached a rattle battle team. we did not have the low score. amazing! shot the carbine match. passed out ammo for the final match of cmp week. shooting plus the meds i am taking have caused enough bruises to qualify me for a pfa. i need to find a match legal way to absorb recoil so i can shoot more. ideas?? i cannot use on rifle recoil pads like the beretta gel. as issued military must use original steel. all else ok. remember it is not to early to start planning for perry 2012. tentative schedule is already posted.

You do a great job volunteering Keith , there should be a "Pass or a Mulligan" for folks with medical problems and recoil.......hey if my 853 goes south I know who to call.

Dwight

PS you don't have a pdf of that maintenance manual they were selling at Perry do you ??
A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

for Zach, Everett, and Lilly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users