#1 .22 Inheritor

.22 Inheritor

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:56 PM

Hey,
I have a huge problem with my Model 34 Remington... Its just not letting the bolt down in the chamber all the way and i have been trying to figure out what the prbolem is. (Im new to guns) But i just got it from my grandparents and it hasn't been fired in a long time as far as i can tell. But it just baffles me at how the bolt just won't go in all the way.. It just goes in about 9/10 of the way in and then just mysteriously jams and it just doesn't like to go in any farther. Any Suggestions?

#2 Travelor

Travelor

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:23 AM

Hey,
I have a huge problem with my Model 34 Remington... Its just not letting the bolt down in the chamber all the way and i have been trying to figure out what the prbolem is. (Im new to guns) But i just got it from my grandparents and it hasn't been fired in a long time as far as i can tell. But it just baffles me at how the bolt just won't go in all the way.. It just goes in about 9/10 of the way in and then just mysteriously jams and it just doesn't like to go in any farther. Any Suggestions?

Most likely the bolt is uncocked. See if the firing pin is protruding (sticking out) from the bolt face.

If so, you may be able to rotate the bolt while holding the bolt handle and it should cock, then the bolt should fit all the way into the rifle action.

George

#3 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,789 posts
  • Interests:Remington collector "wanna-be".

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:21 AM

See answer in your other post... did not see this one until I had answered in the other thread.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to

restrain the people; it is an instrument for the

people to restrain the government-lest it come to

dominate our lives and interests"

Patrick Henry

#4 .22 Inheritor

.22 Inheritor

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:53 AM

Hey guys, i was wondering if you could actually find a video for me on how to "cock" the bolt.. It looks to me to be cocked.. but i don't know a good gun video website.. Thanks for the help

#5 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:06 PM

No video, but there is a triangle shaped hole, called the cocking ramp, in the bolt handle sleeve just above the handle. When it's cocked the "pin" showing will be in the corner of that triangle closest to the handle. If it's uncocked, it will NEED to be cocked to get the bolt to go in. Recocking can be a "piece of cake" on some and a real "SOB" on others. You may need ot clamp the front of the bolt ina vice (with something to pad the jaws) and turn the bolt handle like you are lifting it to extract a round. The cocking pin should click into a small notch at the top (closest to the base of the handle) of the cocking ramp.

Patrick Henry

#6 .22 Inheritor

.22 Inheritor

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

Thanks that was the problem :) it was a SOB cuz the bolt was almost rusted completely where you need to cock it :) thanks for the help man

#7 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

What we're here for... to help each other. Glad the problem was correctable.

Patrick Henry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users