5 replies to this topic

#1 AKBill

AKBill

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

I have an early commercial model 513T with the Redfield sights that I have had for 25 years or more. I want to get a set
of inserts for the Redfield globe sight, Brownell's lists inserts but I do not know the model. It appears to have an inside
diameter of .50 inches.

I took it out to the range this past Saturday, and found that the only insert I have, a peep type, tends to cover up some of
the bull at 25 yards. Makes for a difficult sight picture.

#2 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,490 posts
  • Interests:CMP Rimfire Sporter, Karate, Iaido, Aircraft and most anything that reflects skill and talent.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

I have an early commercial model 513T with the Redfield sights that I have had for 25 years or more. I want to get a set
of inserts for the Redfield globe sight, Brownell's lists inserts but I do not know the model. It appears to have an inside
diameter of .50 inches.

I took it out to the range this past Saturday, and found that the only insert I have, a peep type, tends to cover up some of
the bull at 25 yards. Makes for a difficult sight picture.

I think it is a Lyman #17, I will check mine and see.

Dwight

PS welcome to RFS
A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

for Zach, Everett, and Lilly

#3 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • 5,637 posts
  • Interests:Remington collector "wanna-be".

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

I think it is a Lyman #17, I will check mine and see.

Dwight

PS welcome to RFS

The standard or more common globe front for the 513-T is the Redfield (I believe) #68. The only currently available replacement inserts for them are the Shavers. The Lyman inserts are slightly smaller and the locating tabs are 180 degrees from each other. On the larger Redfields, the tabs are offset a little. Lymans are readily available, but Redfields are not.
About 18 years ago I bought 2 NOS 513-Ts... one had Redfields front and rear, the other had Lymans front and rear. Lyman was evidently a secondary supplier for them.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to

restrain the people; it is an instrument for the

people to restrain the government-lest it come to

dominate our lives and interests"

Patrick Henry

#4 Willie

Willie

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 517 posts
  • Interests:Likes fine old 22,s benchrest and all other matches i am able to shoot. I like hunting and fishing to.camping.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:30 AM

The standard or more common globe front for the 513-T is the Redfield (I believe) #68. The only currently available replacement inserts for them are the Shavers. The Lyman inserts are slightly smaller and the locating tabs are 180 degrees from each other. On the larger Redfields, the tabs are offset a little. Lymans are readily available, but Redfields are not.
About 18 years ago I bought 2 NOS 513-Ts... one had Redfields front and rear, the other had Lymans front and rear. Lyman was evidently a secondary supplier for them.

Mine is a redfield front and rear. I have a frind that has lyman front and rear it is marked US property (WILLIE) :D

#5 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • 5,637 posts
  • Interests:Remington collector "wanna-be".

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:02 PM

Mine is a redfield front and rear. I have a frind that has lyman front and rear it is marked US property (WILLIE) :D

I kept the Lyman sighted one and my son-in-law has the one with Redfields. Both were late production commercial models. Mine has a 1967 date code, and I believe the other was also from '67... both have grooved receivers. They had the slings, but not the extra inserts. I found the correct inserts for both on eBay. AKBill, you might watch eBay for a while to find a set. Lymans are still available from several places, Midway, Brownell, etc.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to

restrain the people; it is an instrument for the

people to restrain the government-lest it come to

dominate our lives and interests"

Patrick Henry

#6 Ed Mann

Ed Mann

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:47 PM

The standard or more common globe front for the 513-T is the Redfield (I believe) #68. The only currently available replacement inserts for them are the Shavers.

Click here

These are the inserts for the Alley sight, which will fit the '60 series Redfield front sights.

Stock #:034-200-000
Mfr:ALLEY SUPPLY
Mfr Part #:INSERT
Retail Price:$16.99

Product SPECS: Sight - Blued Steel, 1" (2.5cm) long; Insert Set - Blued Steel, 2 post, 4 apertures included. Inserts also fit Redfield 65/66 series.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users