4 replies to this topic

#1 steel challenged

steel challenged

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:58 PM

I just started here and was wondering if anyone has tried one of the new "performance center" model 41's. I have three 41's with several different barrels,7 3/8" w/brake and scope [3x9],7" open sights and 1 with c-more,6 1/2" clark w/c-more,5 1/2" clark w/c-more, three 5 1/2" S&W barrels with 1 red dot 1 open sights 1 with 2x leupold and I have a "bully" barrel #158 w/c-more. Before i buy a "performance" model I would like to hear from someone that has one. Is it an improvment, or is it the same gun just marketed in a different way? Any more accuracy? How might it compare to the one's i have? I know some people are gonna ask which barrel i prefer and i'll say give me a "bully" barrel and some cci/sv and i'm as good as i can be. If someone knows of other barrels let me know.Thanks

#2 RustyNut

RustyNut

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Kayaking
    Hiking
    Shooting
    Hunting
    Reloading

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:51 AM

Welcome to the group SC.

I don't have a 41 myself but I'm sure someone will be along shortly. And pictures are always welcome.

#3 steel challenged

steel challenged

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:42 PM

In case anyone would like to know i called S&W today and asked about the new "davidson's exclusive" or "performance" model 41. I was told that the new gun is the same except for the scope mount being cut into the barrel and a removable front sight plus a little cosmetic's thrown in. I assume the accuracy will be about the same. It sure looks like a "clark custom" with iron sights to me. Anyone with 41 experience that wants to share.....i'd like to hear about it. Ammo,barrels,extractors,springs or whatever. Steel

#4 Pearyw

Pearyw

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:35 PM

In case anyone would like to know i called S&W today and asked about the new "davidson's exclusive" or "performance" model 41. I was told that the new gun is the same except for the scope mount being cut into the barrel and a removable front sight plus a little cosmetic's thrown in. I assume the accuracy will be about the same. It sure looks like a "clark custom" with iron sights to me. Anyone with 41 experience that wants to share.....i'd like to hear about it. Ammo,barrels,extractors,springs or whatever. Steel

I recommend buying a set of Wolff recoil springs. It is helpful to be able to tune your 41 for any particular ammo. It is Wolff cat. no. 13171 S&W 41 calibration pak. Come with 6, 6.5, and 7 # springs and 3 extra power firing pin springs for $18.79.

#5 steel challenged

steel challenged

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

I do have several 3 spring sets,and they help tremendoesly by matching the blow back to the power of the round One thing i have found is that a shell in summer acts differently than the winter. The springs change a "little" when cold in the winter and the speed drops off a little when the powder is cold. I run a 6 lbs. spring in cold weather . I advise just trying them to see what u get and if it works "just shoot it". It is not hard to match the right spring, just takes patience.. Steel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users