Our thoughts and prayers are with the Holmes Family

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*

Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

I got a call around 8:30 this morning from Mr. Barry Holmes a dear friend to many of us, an RFS Member, and C.O. USBR MD with me at NASA, he called to let me know his Sister passed away last night. I do not have any in depth details at this time but Barry or I one will post arrangements and details as soon as they come down the wire, so for now just keep the Holmes Family in your thoughts and prayers in this time of great loss.. Tony "T" G.

#2 LongPlay

LongPlay

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Chemistry

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:29 PM

Barry... so sorry to hear that news. Count on prayers coming from Texas......

#3 chance_of_rain

chance_of_rain

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,235 posts
  • Interests:1911's, Harley rides w/ my better half, shooting sports of all types, and plinking with the kids.

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:33 PM

So very sorry for your loss Barry.

Chance...
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#4 cheap22

cheap22

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

Barry
Bonnie and mine. Thoughts and Prayers are with you and your Family.

Ulus

Edited by cheap22, 23 January 2011 - 07:47 AM.

#5 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 7,544 posts
  • Interests:CMP Rimfire Sporter, Karate, Iaido, Aircraft and most anything that reflects skill and talent.

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:00 PM

I would like to echo that Barry and Bonnie, I am so sorry for your loss.

Dwight
A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

for Zach, Everett, and Lilly

#6 Que

Que

Legendary Shooter

• RFS Benefactor
  • 607 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

sorry to hear this, Barry you and the family will be in my prayers

#7 Pearyw

Pearyw

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

I was very sorry to hear of your loss.

#8 Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*

Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:49 PM

I did text message Barry to let him know everyone was thinking and praying for the Holmes Family, still no details yet but I will post them as soon as I get them.. "T"

#9 Patrick N

Patrick N

I Need A Range Day!

• Resident PC Advisor
  • 2,387 posts
  • Interests:Rimfire BR, Smallbore Silhouette, Smallbore 4P, & CMP Rimfire Sporter...and enjoying all of it!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:17 AM

Barry, I'm really sorry to learn of this! Our prayer and thoughts go out to you and your family.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by trying to make it tougher for sober people to own cars.

#10 Andrew

Andrew

Distinguished Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:03 AM

My Condolences. Keep us posted Tony.

#11 Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*

Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:53 PM

Well I have a small update for now, I received a TXT response from Barry after Church this morning I had sent him one last night just to check on him and to see if there was anything I could do to help. Barry said that they are doing as well as to be expected and there are no details set at this time and he will send them as soon as there are any to report. I think the Medical Personnel is checking things over but no foul play or anything like that but with that and the weekend we should know by tonight or in the morning, I will give yall what I got 24/7 just keep an eye out here on RFS for details as they come available. Barry said to tell everyone the Family especially him Thanks yall for the outpouring of support, thoughts and Prayers in this time of sorrow and loss.. More info as it becomes available... "T"

I have spoken to Members of the NASA Board of Directors and we will be sending a Potted Plant or Flowers on Monday, any special request or cool ideas please PM me with those, Anedra and I depending on my work schedule will be going to the Visitation so if any one wants to send a card or anything special there again just PM or call me before noon tomorrow and we will be glad to take it to Barry and his Family.. "T"

#12 Big John

Big John

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, science fiction and fantasy and millitary history, espescily Dubya Dubya Two. Oh, and biulding models of all that stuff. I can't decide which I like more, The scream of a high preformance jet as it passes overhead, the roar of a radial engined fighter as it makes a low level pass, or the the jack hammer staccato of a Ma Duce being fired on full auto.
    ( I rulled ot the Enterprise going to warp, 'Cause that ain't real.)

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, Barry.
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

#13 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,009 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting and varmint hunting especially prairie dog shooting. I also enjoy shooting crows and other vermin. My true passion right now is USBR rim fire.

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

Thanks everyone-you just don't know how much we appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Here are the details;
The funeral will be Tuesday morning at Williams Chapel Methodist Church in Walker County. The service will be at 10 AM with visitation at 8 AM. Wilson Brother's Funeral Home in Carbon Hill, Alabama will be officiating the ceremony. Please continue to keep our family in your prayers-we need them. Barry
Barry A. Holmes

#14 Technical Director

Technical Director

Tinhorn

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:Anything involving the physical sciences has always caught my attention....including shooting. Shooting, in general, has been a life long passion and fun challenge for me.

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:34 PM

Barry, I'm sorry to hear of your loss, my prayers are with you and your family....

#15 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,009 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting and varmint hunting especially prairie dog shooting. I also enjoy shooting crows and other vermin. My true passion right now is USBR rim fire.

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:52 PM

The funeral was this morning. It went really well. Thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it. Barry
Barry A. Holmes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users