7 replies to this topic

#1 williamt2

williamt2

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:24 AM

What rings and mounts are recommended for a CZ 455 American ? I am using a BSA 3-12 Air Rifle scope.
Good Luck and God Bless, Bill Ivins

#2 chance_of_rain

chance_of_rain

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Interests:1911's, Harley rides w/ my better half, shooting sports of all types, and plinking with the kids.

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:02 AM

Welcome to RFS williamt2, I am sure you will get a lot of responces on this, I sure am not an authority on this subject but this is what I started with, for my BSA 36x44 1 inch tube I bought WARNE 7.3/.22 high mounts. Very affordible and will work on 3/8 or 11mm. On my 452 American with 2-7x33 Redfield I have a ten dollar set of beeman air rifle mounts, same goes for the mounts on my Ultra Lux. Needless to say there is a lot better mounts out there just depends on what you want to pay, in my case it was what I could afford at the time. Good luck and enjoy that American. Give us some range reports along with pictures. The 455 being somewhat new to the CZ line alot of us would like to have you share your experiences with it.

Happy Shooting!!! Chance...
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#3 LongPlay

LongPlay

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,028 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Chemistry

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:09 AM

Is this your scope ?
http://www.natchezss... Target Turrets

If it is, you can use the BKL HIGH rings. http://www.bkltech.c..._p/bkl-257h.htm

These are self centering on the rail on these rifles. The link above is for HIGH rings for the 50mm dia objective on that BSA scope.

The BKL site has measurements listed there, and if you look and measure closely, you MIGHT get away with these:
http://www.bkltech.c...s_p/bkl-257.htm
Which would put the bottom of the bell closer to your rifle. But get the measurements from the BKL site and check your rifle scope combo
to make sure it will fit. For me, the standard rings keep a 44 mm bell scope about 1/4" spaced above the barrel, which might give you
enough room as well for the 50mm scope you have.

By the way........... Welcome to the site!! Take a little time to stop by and chat a bit. Let us know what you shoot and where you shoot.
We have folks all over the world here,,, so get a cup of coffee and stay a while.... :tumbs:

#4 chance_of_rain

chance_of_rain

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,230 posts
  • Interests:1911's, Harley rides w/ my better half, shooting sports of all types, and plinking with the kids.

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:28 AM

Sounds like a good choice, also affordable. Have to get a set of those BKL mounts. LP will these fit the 3/8 and the 11mm ?
Chance...
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#5 LongPlay

LongPlay

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:03 AM

Yep, Chance, that is why I use them.
The design is extruded aluminum, and designed to easily slip onto either one.

Because if the design, as you can see in the BKL site pics, it automatically centers on the bore.
Most all other rings, have one side I call 'dead' locked at a specific distance from the ring center by casting.
The second side floats to reach to what dimension is needed to lock onto the rail. It is usually pretty close to
center but not always. And if you ever put the 'dead' side on the left in the front and right on the back, you will
notice how OUT of alignment they really are.

For any .22 RF rails, either 3/8" or 11mm, I always go to the BKL's. Not had any issues with them unless you want
really LOW rings for a smaller diameter scope. Like the 2-7 Leopolds, and such. Those will stick up way way too high
with the BKL's. But all my scopes look like they came down from mount palomar observatory so I like taller rings!! :blush:

Old eyes , you know the drill.... more is better on scopes for me. Heck, I am squirrel hunting with a 6X24 this year!! :blink:

#6 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 7,450 posts
  • Interests:CMP Rimfire Sporter, Karate, Iaido, Aircraft and most anything that reflects skill and talent.

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:16 AM

Wow you guys are on it.............Posted Image

Welcome to RFS

Dwight
A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

for Zach, Everett, and Lilly

#7 williamt2

williamt2

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:44 AM

Thanks, Glad to be here. I shoot at Falls Twnsp. R & P, near Philadelphia. I am mainly a Trap shooter. The BSA air rifle scope is the other 3-12x44.
God Bless, Bill Ivins

Is this your scope ?
http://www.natchezss... Target Turrets

If it is, you can use the BKL HIGH rings. http://www.bkltech.c..._p/bkl-257h.htm

These are self centering on the rail on these rifles. The link above is for HIGH rings for the 50mm dia objective on that BSA scope.

The BKL site has measurements listed there, and if you look and measure closely, you MIGHT get away with these:
http://www.bkltech.c...s_p/bkl-257.htm
Which would put the bottom of the bell closer to your rifle. But get the measurements from the BKL site and check your rifle scope combo
to make sure it will fit. For me, the standard rings keep a 44 mm bell scope about 1/4" spaced above the barrel, which might give you
enough room as well for the 50mm scope you have.

By the way........... Welcome to the site!! Take a little time to stop by and chat a bit. Let us know what you shoot and where you shoot.
We have folks all over the world here,,, so get a cup of coffee and stay a while.... :tumbs:

#8 LongPlay

LongPlay

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:16 PM

Then stick with the BKL 257 model. Should fit like a glove....

Welcome again... I have 3 of the BSA scopes, and although they do not have the stellar reputation of the high dollar scopes, mine have served me well for a couple of years now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users