• PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Kayaking
    Hiking
    Shooting
    Hunting
    Reloading

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:26 PM

To remove the rear sight on my CZ 452, don't you just push down on the base and pull back. (to the bolt end of the receiver?) It only moves so far and stops.

#2 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts
  • Interests:CMP Rimfire Sporter, Karate, Iaido, Aircraft and most anything that reflects skill and talent.

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:01 PM

To remove the rear sight on my CZ 452, don't you just push down on the base and pull back. (to the bolt end of the receiver?) It only moves so far and stops.

Try lifting the sight blade and pushing down and back at the base where it looks like a pin goes through( its not really a pin) and it will slide back and out.

Dwight
A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

for Zach, Everett, and Lilly

#3 LongPlay

LongPlay

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,042 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Chemistry

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

Like Dwight says, but you actually start the push FORWARD towards the front sight, it will then rise up ( since you are pushing down on the front end, let it loose a little as you see it move forward ), and it will pop up, then back out towards the trigger end of the rifle.....

Longplay....

#4 RustyNut

RustyNut

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
    Hiking
    Shooting
    Hunting
    Reloading

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:08 PM

Thanks guys. That was one tight son-of-a-gun to get out of there.
Trying to make room for a scope.

#5 Red

Red

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

• Is this the same sight you fellas are talking about? I'm struggling with it too if it is. Apparently they had at least two different ones.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Red

Red

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

Ahh, I see. Need to press down quite FIRMLY on the front while sliding rearward.

#7 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 7,515 posts
  • Interests:CMP Rimfire Sporter, Karate, Iaido, Aircraft and most anything that reflects skill and talent.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:04 AM

Glad you got it...they are tight
A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

for Zach, Everett, and Lilly

#8 Red

Red

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

was a bugger and I was not understanding exactly how it was put together. Pretty simple...unless you're simple minded :lol:

#9 chance_of_rain

chance_of_rain

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,235 posts
  • Interests:1911's, Harley rides w/ my better half, shooting sports of all types, and plinking with the kids.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

Glad you got her Red. Sorry to say, but most the time my better half has to do it for me. :o

Chance...

PS. Why are you removing it ? I removed two of mine to install the Williams peep sights.

Edited by chance_of_rain, 06 July 2012 - 03:31 PM.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#10 Red

Red

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

I have a 3-9 Clearidge scope coming. I'd like to keep it as low as possible.

Actually the scope arrived yesterday. A Fine Cross Hair reticle. I could see right away the FCH was not going too work well in early morning dimly lit squirrel woods. So I called and they were very understanding. It's in UPS transit being exchanged for a Duplex.

#11 DavePat

DavePat

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

Red - I mounted my Leupold VX II 3 X 9 X 33 rimfire EFR AO on my CZ 452 Lux without having to remove the rear sight. I used B-Square 1" offset rings which cost $ 12 for both. Thanks to our own Ron V. for the suggestion on getting things setup. The scope is mounted forward so I have plenty of eye relief for 3 position shooting. Notice the sight clearence and that the windage adjustment dial doesn't cover the ejection port..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by DavePat, 06 July 2012 - 11:46 PM.

#12 Red

Red

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

thanks for that info. Waiting on the scope to arrive. I have a Leo 2-7 on it now, I just assumed the larger bell would have clearance problems.

#13 RustyNut

RustyNut

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
    Hiking
    Shooting
    Hunting
    Reloading

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

Hi Red, I'm a little late get to this but glad you got it off.
Oh, and we'll need pictures once you have it together. ;)

#14 Red

Red

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

will do. It's a gnarly beechwood stocked Training Rifle. In the waiting period for the yodave spring set and the scope. In the mean time bolt has been lapped, bedding completed, touched up the safety as it was pretty stiff...it's considerably easier to operate now. I've only fired the CCI "Quiet22" through it so far. Plinking in the back yard you know. As soon as the rest of the stuff is installed I'll take it out for a regular range trip with various ammo.

Posted Image

#15 RustyNut

RustyNut

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
    Hiking
    Shooting
    Hunting
    Reloading

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

Great looking setup.

How did you touch up the safety?

#16 Red

Red

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Pulled it out and removed a little metal where it begins to radius against the rear of the bolt (mainspring) area. (Watch operation as you flip it on and off to see where it begins to make contact) I simply lessened the angle with some 120 grit paper on a pneumatic sander and re-polished it. Took two attempts so as not to remove too much at once. The sharp radius acts as a detent to keep you from accidentally flicking it off in the field, so easy does it.

Edited by Red, 15 July 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#17 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • 5,699 posts
  • Interests:Remington collector "wanna-be".

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

On the CZ Trainer I had, I had to remove the sight when I had the Weaver CT-6 on it, but when I gave it to my grandson, I put a different longer scope on it and was able to put the sight back in the base. It cleared that scope, but I don't recall right now just exactly what scope I gave him... think it may have been a Bushnell 4-12X with AO.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to

restrain the people; it is an instrument for the

people to restrain the government-lest it come to

dominate our lives and interests"

Patrick Henry

#18 Red

Red

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

Clearidge 3-9. Never owned this brand before. The duplex is certainly going to be better for hunting than the FCH. IMO it's a bit thicker than need be...but it's do-able. It's a clear bright scope and seems to be well made. Would have landed right on that rear sight.

Posted Image

#19 chance_of_rain

chance_of_rain

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,235 posts
  • Interests:1911's, Harley rides w/ my better half, shooting sports of all types, and plinking with the kids.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:27 AM

Red - I mounted my Leupold VX II 3 X 9 X 33 rimfire EFR AO on my CZ 452 Lux without having to remove the rear sight. I used B-Square 1" offset rings which cost $ 12 for both. Thanks to our own Ron V. for the suggestion on getting things setup. The scope is mounted forward so I have plenty of eye relief for 3 position shooting. Notice the sight clearence and that the windage adjustment dial doesn't cover the ejection port..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dave, Just may have to check out a set of those B Square mounts. I want to put my Mueller 8-32x44 on my TH Varmint 22lr. It is on my TH Varmint 17 HMR now but having trouble with not enough eye relief.

Thanks Chance...
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#20 Red

Red

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:56 AM

looking back I sorta wish I would have spent the extra $100+ for the Leupold EFR. I discovered today that while the Clearidge is clear, bright, seems to hold zero, etc., it is not repeatable as I had hoped it would be.

#21 dbp1stltartillery

dbp1stltartillery

Legendary Shooter

• RFS Benefactor
  • 2,372 posts
  • Interests:Rimfire silhouette, rifle and pistol. 1 state champonship (GA) smallbore hunter pistol. 2nd place AA small bore hunter pistol Nationals in Texas. If it goes BANG, I love it. Former Artillery Officer. Dealership Sales Manager, and Master Jeweler.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:46 AM

Red, try this when cranking the adjustments..After making the change tap the turret lightly with a small pocket screwdriver handle. It always helps on the less expensive scopes to always make the final movement in the same direction.. For example. If you need to move 2 clicks up, first go down 2 and then 4 up..This will help eliminate some of the slop in the (gears?) I had to do this on all of my Simmons years ago when shooting silhouette that required a whole bunch of adjustments during each match...Dave
The national budget must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work ,instead of living on public assistance.

Things never change.
And Rome Fell

CICERO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~55 BC!!

ONCE THE PUBLIC REALIZES THEY CAN VOTE THEMSELVES MONEY FROM THE PUBLIC TREASURY THE REPUBLIC IS LOST..Ben Franklin and others.

#22 Walt

Walt

USBR Administrator

• Members
  • 3,542 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting,woodworking,
    gardening.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

looking back I sorta wish I would have spent the extra $100+ for the Leupold EFR. I discovered today that while the Clearidge is clear, bright, seems to hold zero, etc., it is not repeatable as I had hoped it would be.

You never know untill you try something. Let us know how it works in the field for you.

Walt
Walt Miller

All is not butter that comes from the cow. ~Proverb

Saving just one dog won't change the world....but surely the world will change for that one dog.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...Be grateful you have a glass, and there is something in it...

#23 Red

Red

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

It's been a fine scope field wise so far. No complaints there and you get what you pay for for pretty much. If I weren't trying to shoot two different ammo types out of it without re-sighting it would not be an issue.

#24 qtztwn

qtztwn

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

I have the reverse problem. I would like to put the rear sight back in as I found there was no need for it to be removed.
However, my efforts to date to put it back in just won't do. It seems as though a portion of the sight toward the muzzle
end has pushed forward making it difficult to reinsert.
I would appreciate any tips

#25 chance_of_rain

chance_of_rain

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

Hit it with a bigger hammer. :P Just kidding to be sure. I will be looking for any replys to this. As soon as I get home from this trip I plan on replacing my Williams peeps to the original sights on my 22lr fullstock. Never thought of having a problem. :o Keep us updated.

Chance...

#26 Walt

Walt

USBR Administrator

• Members
  • 3,542 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting,woodworking,
    gardening.

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

Hit it with a bigger hammer. :P Just kidding to be sure. I will be looking for any replys to this. As soon as I get home from this trip I plan on replacing my Williams peeps to the original sights on my 22lr fullstock. Never thought of having a problem. :o Keep us updated.

Chance...

:lol: :tumbs:
Walt Miller

All is not butter that comes from the cow. ~Proverb

Saving just one dog won't change the world....but surely the world will change for that one dog.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...Be grateful you have a glass, and there is something in it...

#27 Toady

Toady

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

DavePat,

When I googled "D B-Square 1offset rings"....there are different sizes...could you please indicate what size you used to mount a scope...any help would be greatly appreciated...thank you.

SPC Morris, C

Edited by Toady, 18 January 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#28 Fotheringill

Fotheringill

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:.22lr Benchrest shooting
    N Scale model trains

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Dave, Just may have to check out a set of those B Square mounts. I want to put my Mueller 8-32x44 on my TH Varmint 22lr. It is on my TH Varmint 17 HMR now but having trouble with not enough eye relief.

Thanks Chance...

I have a 452 TH Varmint with a Weaver 4-16x40 on it. With Burris Signature Zee medium rings and J&P adapters, I clear the barrel by about 1/16-1/8".

For anything with the tangent rear sights, I strongly suggest a high mount like the Burris Signature rimfire mounts. This will allow the scope to be mounted as far back as possible and with the Signature insert (get a pack of the extras for about $17.00) the scope can be where it is supposed to be. I suggest the inserts since I have found that both Weaver and Leupold scopes run out of verticle on my UL and Varmint. Either that or get a +20 or +25 adapter rail.

#29 ckeshen

ckeshen

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Sporting Clays, Combat Shooting, Target Shooting and Good Wine

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Thanks guys! I did have to push down hard on the front to get mine off. I am waiting on delivery of a Williams FP for my UL. I like the J&P ghost ring but want a little more precision. I did not want to remove the rear, but I am sure the ghost ring will interfere with the Williams.

Funny, my rear sight has markings up to 300. Is there more than one version of this sight?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users