#1 Slowshot

Slowshot

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Target and Varmint Shooting, Motorcycles, Steel Guitar

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

Some of you may remember the following from about a month ago, when I found a bad round in a box of Fiocchi 22WMR 40 gr. JSP:

"Oh, by the way, while I was loading magazines with the Fiocchi, I was shocked to find one round with a badly split case. From now on, I will need to hand inspect each round, before I use it. "

I contacted Fiocchi and was assisted by a customer rep. named Troy. I told him about the split case and he asked me to send him a picture. When he saw the picture he asked me to send the rest of the brick to him, as he was disturbed by the picture and would rather replace the entire brick than have me shoot any more of the ammunition in that brick.

In the end, Troy sent me a UPS return label, a new brick of 22M and four boxes of 22 LR for my trouble. At no time had I ever asked for any repayment but I had just stated that I was concerned there might be more bad ammo in that lot. The new brick and the extra LR was all Troy's idea.

I would say my experience left me with a good opinion of Fiocchi customer service.

Fiocchi 22 WMR Split Case.jpg

#2 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,008 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting and varmint hunting especially prairie dog shooting. I also enjoy shooting crows and other vermin. My true passion right now is USBR rim fire.
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:08 PM

That's good customer service and good PR. Glad it worked out for you. Barry
Barry A. Holmes

#3 Komitadjie

Komitadjie

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Shooting in all forms
    Photography
    Woodcrafting
    Gunsmithing

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:11 AM

Indeed, that was very good service, and speaks well of them. I'll definitely have to bear that in mind when plotting my next major ammo purchase.
Two loudest sounds in the world:

1 - A firing pin on a loaded chamber that's supposed to be empty.
2 - A firing pin on an empty chamber that's supposed to be loaded.

#4 Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*

Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:52 AM

I had a very good experience with Fiocchi back when I shot their products; I had a free ride with no questions asked just an occasional win in our local matches. I had absolutely outstanding performance at 100 yds with the Super Match line but not so great at 50 off the benches so I went with Eley. I think it was the 320 and 340 SM that they were sending me and out of a Savage Mk II at 100 Eley can't touch it, I won several 100yd silhouette matches with it in the early 2000's and 1-2 in 08-09 and it was free. I think I might try Fiocchi in my Suhl 1:19.5 BBL and see if it does as good as or better than the Eley Pistol Match I am currently shooting it's just inconsistent in a 24" BBL since it is made for a 5 or 6 inch pistol BBL. So a weight sorting I will go to remedy the Eley Pistol drops or maybe try some Fiocchi Super Match or my Millennium survival ammo kit and go with Wolf ME it will shoot in my Suhl when nothing else will. "T"

P.S. A new Shooter in a Rimfire Sport could easily get a sponsorship from Fiocchi since 99% are all shot gunners and NRA Jr.'s, they need Rimfire Shooters and they are super easy to work with and the ammo is good you just have to match it to a rifle and viola your on the money. Just an Idea I used to get my first free ride, feel free to give it a try. If you get in I will be happy to help with publicity and promotions at no charge, I just want to spread the love and help fellow shooters get a break after spending all the money on equipment and

#5 RustyNut

RustyNut

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Kayaking
    Hiking
    Shooting
    Hunting
    Reloading

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:53 AM

On a side question. Do they roll or draw .22 brass? That split almost looks like where the end of the brass come together.

#6 qtztwn

qtztwn

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

I took Tony Q.C.I.S.'s advice on the 22 rimfire and applied to Fiocchi for a sponsorship for smallbore silhouette. A search of their web site showed that everyone being sponsored were into trap shooting. They have just agreed to sponsor me until the end of the year. Because I am not a master class shooter I settled for their 22M320 which appears to be better than the SV ammo that I have been using. Tony, thanks for the suggestion.

#7 SNAFU

SNAFU

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:39 PM

I'll be interested to hear how the Fiocchi works out for you.
Posted Image

#8 cp1969

cp1969

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:12 PM

Fiocchi is definitely on my radar, but for centerfire.

I just bought a S&W 39 9mm and Fiocchi makes ammo for it that uses Hornady XTP bullets and Starline brass, 50 rounds for about the same price as you pay for 20 rounds from other mfgs.
Anbody who believes in gun control should be taken out and shot.

#9 qtztwn

qtztwn

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:17 AM

Recently Fiocchi renewed their sponsorship for me to do smallbore silhouette through the calendar year 2011. It has been really nice to have access to quality ammunition rather than rely on more affordable standard velocity ammunition. One thing that I have noticed since the sponsorship began is that there is surprisingly little test information on their ammunition. As an example none of the testing of the several rifles on the accuratereloading web site included Fiocchi ammunition.

#10 chance_of_rain

chance_of_rain

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,230 posts
  • Interests:1911's, Harley rides w/ my better half, shooting sports of all types, and plinking with the kids.

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:56 PM

I really like the M320. I wonder if I could get FIOCCHI to sponsor our 16 year old daughter in her trap shooting. I buy there light shooting 7/8 oz #8s for the girls all the time. They are quite pleasant to shoot. We are trying to get her to join the FFA trap team at school. Buying shells for three shooters is killing me.

Chance...
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#11 Patrick N

Patrick N

I Need A Range Day!

• Resident PC Advisor
  • 2,374 posts
  • Interests:Rimfire BR, Smallbore Silhouette, Smallbore 4P, & CMP Rimfire Sporter...and enjoying all of it!

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:42 AM

Recently Fiocchi renewed their sponsorship for me to do smallbore silhouette through the calendar year 2011. It has been really nice to have access to quality ammunition rather than rely on more affordable standard velocity ammunition. One thing that I have noticed since the sponsorship began is that there is surprisingly little test information on their ammunition. As an example none of the testing of the several rifles on the accuratereloading web site included Fiocchi ammunition.

That sounds like a great deal qtztwn!

I really like the M320. I wonder if I could get FIOCCHI to sponsor our 16 year old daughter in her trap shooting. I buy there light shooting 7/8 oz #8s for the girls all the time. They are quite pleasant to shoot. We are trying to get her to join the FFA trap team at school. Buying shells for three shooters is killing me.

Chance...

Chance, it sounds like you need a MEC press (maybe two).

http://www.mecreload.../600JrMark5.asp
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by trying to make it tougher for sober people to own cars.

#12 qtztwn

qtztwn

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

Fiocchi has again renewed their sponsorship for 2012.
Again many thanks to Tony Q.C.I.S.

#13 Walt

Walt

USBR Administrator

• Members
  • 3,523 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting,woodworking,
    gardening.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

Fiocchi has again renewed their sponsorship for 2012.
Again many thanks to Tony Q.C.I.S.

:tumbs:
Might give them a whirl myself.
Walt Miller

All is not butter that comes from the cow. ~Proverb

Saving just one dog won't change the world....but surely the world will change for that one dog.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...Be grateful you have a glass, and there is something in it...

#14 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • 5,622 posts
  • Interests:Remington collector "wanna-be".

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

That's great qz.... :tumbs: I have tried the SM320, SM340 and M320 and had the best luck with SM320 in the rifles I tried it in. However, like you I didn't find it as good as Eley at 50 yards... never tried it at 100, but experience has shown the best at 50 is not always the best at 100.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to

restrain the people; it is an instrument for the

people to restrain the government-lest it come to

dominate our lives and interests"

Patrick Henry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users