IMYOURHUCKLEBERRY

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:shooting, fishing knives, and beer
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:25 PM

Cruised to my usual Pawn shop looking for a deal and happen to see a Marlin model 25M. I do not own a 22 Magnum and the rifle seems to be in very decent condition. Can anyone tell me if this is a good rifle to own? I do not know anything about them, are they good shooters, is the trigger good, etc? Also, the price on it is $149.00 would you buy it or get something else instead? I don't really need a 22 magnum but this would give me an excuse to buy another gun safe (heh, heh).

There are two defining forces who have died for you. One is Jesus Christ for your soul and the other is the American Soldier for your freedom.

#2 Walt

Walt

USBR Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting,woodworking,
    gardening.

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:21 PM

Don't really know much about Marlin other then there low cost rifles and they have been around for awhile. Know nothing about the trigger but did look at auction prices and the last couple went for $171 & $166 plus shipping and then you have to pay the FFL dealer so I would say its a very good price for a 22 magnum to add to your new gun safe. :)

Walt
Walt Miller

All is not butter that comes from the cow. ~Proverb

Saving just one dog won't change the world....but surely the world will change for that one dog.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...Be grateful you have a glass, and there is something in it...

#3 IMYOURHUCKLEBERRY

IMYOURHUCKLEBERRY

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:shooting, fishing knives, and beer
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:29 PM

Don't really know much about Marlin other then there low cost rifles and they have been around for awhile. Know nothing about the trigger but did look at auction prices and the last couple went for $171 & $166 plus shipping and then you have to pay the FFL dealer so I would say its a very good price for a 22 magnum to add to your new gun safe. :)

Walt

Thanks Walt, I'll probably get it cheaper once I make the offer.

Manny

There are two defining forces who have died for you. One is Jesus Christ for your soul and the other is the American Soldier for your freedom.

#4 magman

magman

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Guns,Knives

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:16 PM

I have a model 25m a like it very much. It shoots 1 inch to 1 1/2 groups at 100 yds.

#5 22mike

22mike

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:58 AM

This is my first post.. I have a Marlin 25M (actually I think the magnum version is model number 25MN) and it is very accurate. Marlin's microgroove barrel is said to be good quality. This rifle is not made any more as far as I know. I also own a Marlin Model 25N which is long rifle only. Both rifles are top notch in quality.
22 Mag Marlin 25MN Rifle
22 LR Marlin 25N Rifle
22 Mag S&W Model 651-8 Kit Gun Silverplate 4"
22 LR S&W K-22 6" barrel
22 LR Ruger New Model Bearcat
22 Ruger New Model Single Six Convertible 6.5"

#6 Rimsmith

Rimsmith

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Gunsmithing, Shooting, Motorcycles, Music, Home Theater Systems, Great Audio Equipment, Fishing, Hunting, and the List goes on.....

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

Cruised to my usual Pawn shop looking for a deal and happen to see a Marlin model 25M. I do not own a 22 Magnum and the rifle seems to be in very decent condition. Can anyone tell me if this is a good rifle to own? I do not know anything about them, are they good shooters, is the trigger good, etc? Also, the price on it is $149.00 would you buy it or get something else instead? I don't really need a 22 magnum but this would give me an excuse to buy another gun safe (heh, heh).

I'm writing to this "Late", and hope I'll be excused. I chose to write, because of your chosen "User Name", which. I give an A+++ ! I loved the Movie, and Know that anyone that would choose that as a "User Name", Just Has to Be, a Really Cool Person..... Yep, I'm showing my Age... but, when ya have dodged death as often as I have, having People Know that Ya are gettin' a few years on ya, "ain't much of a big deal"!

I hope you ended up getting that Model 25 Mag.... as best I can tell, it's the older Cousin to my 882 SSV, and the newer 900 Series Rifles, All of which make fine Shooters, with just minor work. Please let me know, if you don't mind.......... Best of Luck to You!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users