2 replies to this topic

#1 Denver

Denver

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:05 PM

I am looking to buy a couple of magazines for my 541S and I have done some reading about the 77 .22LR magazines working better than the regular 541 magazines. I wanted to find out if this was true and if anyone had any recommendations on this.

I have also read that the 10 round magazines have trouble keeping the shells in. Is this a real problem, if so I may not bother buying them. If anyone has any information for me I would appreciate any feedback. Also if anyone has any of these that they would like to sell I may be interested in buying them from you. Thank you in advance for any help.

#2 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts
  • Interests:Remington collector "wanna-be".

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:14 AM

77 mags work at least as well as the 541/581mags. Only difference is the 77s have a slightly larger "V" notch where the rim slips through, I believe to facilitate the faster cycling of the semi-auto. I have both types and see no difference in the operation. The guy I bought a few from at a garage sale was even using both types in his 77. I bought all the 5 round mags he had and they were a mixed bag. As for the 10 round mags, I have a couple and have never had a problem, but I never used them much.
Midway has had the 77 mags in the past, but the last time I heard of anyone trying to get some, they were sold out.
Just checked on-line and they don't even list them anymore... they were under Remington-other models... still show the 10 rounders for $14.99... the 5 rounds were a couple bucks more when they had them.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to

restrain the people; it is an instrument for the

people to restrain the government-lest it come to

dominate our lives and interests"

Patrick Henry

#3 Pearyw

Pearyw

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:36 AM

I use both 581 and 77 mags in my 581. The 5 rounds are more reliable than the 10 round. I have not tried the 77 10 round mags. The 77s fit a little tighter than the 581s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users