#1 Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*

Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:57 AM

SAVAGE MK II BV

USBR SPORTER CLASS

ACTION: Savage MK II

Barrel: Savage 20” Heavy

Trigger: Savage Accu Trigger with 2 Coils Removed Off Spring, Stoned All Contacts

Stock: Savage, Wood Laminate, Self Bedded

Scope: Tasco World Class 6-24X42

Rings: Weaver Standard Medium Ht.

Bases: Weaver 2 Piece Picatinny Rails

Weight: 8# 1.9oz

VOODOO CUSTOM REMINGTON 40X

USBR CUSTOM CLASS

Action: Remington 40X

Barrel: Factory - Re-Chambered to Eley & Head Spaced, Re-Crowned

Trigger: Factory Modified 1.5oz

Stock: Don Stith Custom BR Catalpa Wood/ Self Bedded and Painted

Scope: Weaver T-36

Rings: Weaver Quad Locks

Gunsmith: Hawkins / Self

Action Trued, Bolt Refaced, Mated & Trued, Recoil Lug Replaced, Head Spaced

Weight: 10# 1.0oz

VOODOO CUSTOM SUHL 150-1 STANDARD

USBR UNLIMITED CLASS

Action: Merkel Suhl 150-1 Standard

Barrel: Factory, Threaded - Re-Chambered to Eley, Re-Crowned, Re-Faced, Head Spaced

Bolt Mated and Faced

Trigger: Factory 1-1.5oz

Stock: McMillan BR50, Bedding: Lamon Loggins

Scope: Weaver V-24

Rings: Weaver High Rise Over/Under

Gunsmith: Hawkins / Self

Weight: 9# 8.0oz With out Stock Weights

All Rifles shooting Eley Match EPS 1072 fps off machine 4

MY 40X
Posted Image
Posted Image
MY NEW SUHL SETUP Version 2.0

Edited by TONY Q.C.I.S., 14 October 2009 - 06:01 PM.

#2 Pearyw

Pearyw

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:55 AM

I am going to shoot my Kimber 82 with a Barska 6.5 to 20 50mm with Wolf MT in sporter. I am shooting my stock Savage MKII FV with O-ring barrel tuning with a Barska 6.5 to 20 50mm with Federal 714 ammo in custom and unlimited classes. With temperatures under 60 degrees, I am not going to use Lapua ammo.

#3 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,007 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting and varmint hunting especially prairie dog shooting. I also enjoy shooting crows and other vermin. My true passion right now is USBR rim fire.
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:38 AM

SAME OLD SAME OLD
Unlimited-Winchester 52D with Broughton barrel-Weaver T-36- Harrell Tuner-Lapua Midas +
Custom- Anschutz 64 MPR-Weaver T36-Scott's Mid-Barrel tuner-Lapua Center-X
Sporter- CZ 452 American-Weaver Grand Slam 6x20-Lapua Master L

I know the Lapua ammo has not shot well in cool weather in the past but I have gone too far to turn back now. Barry
Barry A. Holmes

#4 Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*

Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:28 PM

I finally have everything back and all but the scope zeroed it is ready, the Suhl with all accessories & scope now is lighter than my Custom Class 40X by a 1/2 pound. Other than having to do a little tap work it is an exact fit and looks great, the factory Suhl action screws are 6mm x 0.75 and I tapped the holes to 1/4" X 28 tpi. I am really glad that I have 2 rifles that I can flip flop to go up against what ever foe might be on the next bench, hmmmm options, options what shall I do... "T"

Edited by TONY Q.C.I.S., 14 October 2009 - 06:12 PM.

#5 Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*

Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:17 PM

My first target was good but it was raining, and it is hard to be objective when it is best edge scoring. I could not plug for the risk of tearing the target and it scored a 247-10X by sight, however it was drenched by the time I got done so in reality it was maybe a 238-240 4-5X. I hope it will shoot that good and maybe get some more trigger time before this weekend to see what it will really shoot in decent conditions, if we ever get any. I left my target posted at my friends house/range and want to get it when it dries out to see what it really is; I wish it was a 247-10X :lol: ."T"

P.S. The Eley sign in the background of my pics is the new Club Banner (6'x 2 1/2')that Michael at Zanders Sporting Goods and Kate White from Eley sent us for the matches/club. Along with other goodies for the first 20 registered shooters and well; you will just have to come to the National Match to see ;) ...... Did I mention BBQ Dinner afterwards ??? B)

Edited by TONY Q.C.I.S., 14 October 2009 - 06:29 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users