#1 WATCHADDIC

WATCHADDIC

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:07 AM

Ok guys trick question, Whats the best Sako .22 lr ever made, ie 72, 78, 94, quad, and why? I want to buy one, I know where a few different models are, but at the cost can only buy one, all are in 95% or better condition. Thanks rich

Edited by WATCHADDIC, 02 July 2009 - 04:30 PM.

#2 Rimfire Kid

Rimfire Kid

Legendary Shooter

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:small bore silhouette, air rifle silhouette, and field target

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:04 AM

I have a P94S Finnfire Range. The rifle has no problems putting 5 shots into a 1 inch group at 100 yards. I use it for my standard (heavy) class smallbore silhouette rifle. I also like the way the stock fits me. I am well pleased with this rifle. There is only one design change that I would make. I would replace the single piece of piano wire that is used as the ejector. I would replace it with a dual extractor of some sort. Too bad that Sako doesn't make this rifle anymore. Here are a couple of pictures of the rifle and an ammo test target. All of the groups are 5 shots. The target was placed at 100 yards.

silhouette rifles 001.jpg
silhouette rifles 002.jpg
IMAG0008.JPG

#3 WATCHADDIC

WATCHADDIC

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

I have a P94S Finnfire Range. The rifle has no problems putting 5 shots into a 1 inch group at 100 yards. I use it for my standard (heavy) class smallbore silhouette rifle. I also like the way the stock fits me. I am well pleased with this rifle. There is only one design change that I would make. I would replace the single piece of piano wire that is used as the ejector. I would replace it with a dual extractor of some sort. Too bad that Sako doesn't make this rifle anymore. Here are a couple of pictures of the rifle and an ammo test target. All of the groups are 5 shots. The target was placed at 100 yards.

silhouette rifles 001.jpg
silhouette rifles 002.jpg
IMAG0008.JPG

nice rifle and accuracy, thanks for your response, rich

#4 timberbeast63

timberbeast63

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, fishing, hunting, reading, camping

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:20 PM

I think the best one to buy is the P94S action -- the Finnfire. I have a 78, a Finnfire, and a Quad. The 78 is a terrific rifle, built like a tank. But magazines and parts are scarcer than hen's teeth, so I'd have to recommend the Finnfire. What a great action. Lots of benchrest guns built on this action. And if you like the Range, then you have a really special gun with the adjustable stock. A used one will cost you $1200-1400. A used Finnfire hunter will go for $800-950.

You can probably get a synthetic stocked Quad for $600. They are very nice guns, too. I just like the Finnfire better. But you can get a Lilja barrel for a Quad and with that, it will probably outshoot a factory barrel Finnfire.

If you get any Sako rimfire in good shape you'll have a great rifle. :tumbs:
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. - C.S. Lewis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users