#1 5 MM Magnum

5 MM Magnum

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:09 PM

I have run a few thousand round through my truck gun and have found the win. 333 being the best for me in the bulk boxes. I have tryed a number of other round and have not had the same grouping as with the 333s. Has any one else tryed these and what were your results.

#2 5 MM Magnum

5 MM Magnum

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

With all the people on the site and no one shoots the win. 333?????

#3 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts
  • Interests:CMP Rimfire Sporter, Karate, Iaido, Aircraft and most anything that reflects skill and talent.

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(5 MM Magnum @ Jun 18 2009, 11:36 AM) View Post

With all the people on the site and no one shoots the win. 333?????

Sorry I don't have one...but if you want to talk Winchester 52 Repro , Remington etc heartpump.gif
A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

for Zach, Everett, and Lilly

#4 5 MM Magnum

5 MM Magnum

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:32 AM

Its not a number of a gun it the number of the ammuniton that come in a bulk box. I was just wondering if any one else shoot it and likes it as well as I do.

#5 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,008 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting and varmint hunting especially prairie dog shooting. I also enjoy shooting crows and other vermin. My true passion right now is USBR rim fire.

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:16 PM

I have tried it and it didn't work well for me. I was hoping to use it on our "Cheap Ammo" fun match. The Winchester Dynapoints and Federal 714 and Federal American Eagle work better for me. Barry
Barry A. Holmes

#6 cp1969

cp1969

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE(Barry @ Jun 18 2009, 08:16 PM) View Post

I have tried it and it didn't work well for me. I was hoping to use it on our "Cheap Ammo" fun match. The Winchester Dynapoints and Federal 714 and Federal American Eagle work better for me. Barry
I remember seeing it on WalMart shelves but that was before all .22 ammo disappeared. I would try some now --if-- there was any to buy.

Anbody who believes in gun control should be taken out and shot.

#7 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • 5,739 posts
  • Interests:Remington collector "wanna-be".

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:42 PM

I don't see much Winchester rimfire ammo in this part of the country any more... not sure why. That and Remington were the most common 20 myears ago and now they are hard to find. Federal is getting almost as bad except the bulk junk Wally World sells. CCI in several forms seems to be easiest to find.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to

restrain the people; it is an instrument for the

people to restrain the government-lest it come to

dominate our lives and interests"

Patrick Henry

#8 5 MM Magnum

5 MM Magnum

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:39 PM

You might want to go to the win. web site and look up your local dealer. I was looking for some Power points and found a local dealer that had brick of it for me. Here in WI. I think ever one carries the win. ammo.

#9 Iowa54

Iowa54

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

I saw some a few weeks back at Farm & Fleet but, at the time I didn't grab any. Went back the next day and it was all gone. I did get my "Limit" of 6 boxes of fed Bulk pack at wally world today though.
I did get some Winchester Xperts recently and they shoot real well in my S&W 617.
Hopefully I'll get the Kimber Hunter out soon and see what it likes.

Edited by Iowa54, 19 June 2009 - 08:33 PM.

#10 5 MM Magnum

5 MM Magnum

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:45 PM

Thats where I have been getting my win.333s at fleet farm. I just picked up a box of the win. Xpert HV. I only had 60 round of the 333s left. I only pick up what I need for shooting. I figure any one that hords all the 22 that they can get there hands on is a idiot.

#11 Iowa54

Iowa54

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE(5 MM Magnum @ Jun 19 2009, 05:45 PM) View Post

Thats where I have been getting my win.333s at fleet farm. I just picked up a box of the win. Xpert HV. I only had 60 round of the 333s left. I only pick up what I need for shooting. I figure any one that hords all the 22 that they can get there hands on is a idiot.

Semi Idiot here I guess,,,,,,,,, I picked up enough to get me thru the summer unsure.gif

#12 cp1969

cp1969

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:34 PM

People can't be blamed for buying whatever they can get their hands on because they don't know when they'll get an opportunity to buy some more.

It isn't like the old days when we stopped at the Western Auto store to buy one box of 50 rounds to go hunting. Then, you never had to worry about them not having any the next time you wanted to go shoot.
Anbody who believes in gun control should be taken out and shot.

#13 5 MM Magnum

5 MM Magnum

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:17 PM

It kind of seams like two dogs eating out of the same dish. Eat as much as you can so the other guy dosen't get any. If we all bought them as we needed them. There would be plenty to go around and the price would go down. Now if there are 6 on the self and the prices is high and they sell, why lower the price. Mabe up the price and see if it still sells. I find it hard to see how some one buy all he can get his hands on and finds out his gun shoot poorly with the shell he bought. Now he wounders what to do with 16 bricks of shell that shoot all over the place.

#14 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 7,531 posts
  • Interests:CMP Rimfire Sporter, Karate, Iaido, Aircraft and most anything that reflects skill and talent.

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE(5 MM Magnum @ Jun 19 2009, 10:17 PM) View Post

It kind of seams like two dogs eating out of the same dish. Eat as much as you can so the other guy dosen't get any. If we all bought them as we needed them. There would be plenty to go around and the price would go down. Now if there are 6 on the self and the prices is high and they sell, why lower the price. Mabe up the price and see if it still sells. I find it hard to see how some one buy all he can get his hands on and finds out his gun shoot poorly with the shell he bought. Now he wounders what to do with 16 bricks of shell that shoot all over the place.

This is FWIW. Back before this madness started I used to go by Wally World or at a gun store about once per month and buy a brick of bulk ammo. I was at the time teaching my grandson to shoot. I bought as much at individual store as I did at Wally World. I built up quite a bit of ammo this way. I have not purchased any ammo except match stuff in several years. I always felt like it was a fair way to purchase ammo.

A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

for Zach, Everett, and Lilly

#15 Iowa54

Iowa54

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:41 PM

Wal Mart has kept the price down as far as I can tell. They have been getting about 10 boxes every few days either Fed or Win Bulk packs in the $13-$14 range. They don't last long!! "I" know my 617 likes both and for informal shooting I can't see throwing $$ away on match ammo to shoot tin cans ect..
I don't see the price dropping anytime soon (factory prices anyway) and I had a few extra bucks from OT so being the cheap SOB I am I got me some 22's.... biggrin.gif

And they still had some when I left biggrin.gif

#16 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • 5,739 posts
  • Interests:Remington collector "wanna-be".

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:21 AM

I'm somewhat like Dwight in that over several years, I have built up my inventory. I still don't have all that much on hand, but I figure I have enough for a year or so.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to

restrain the people; it is an instrument for the

people to restrain the government-lest it come to

dominate our lives and interests"

Patrick Henry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users