#1 Ky Bob

Ky Bob

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:09 PM

I called at least 10 Walmarts in Central ky, Bass Pro and Cabela's and no one has any.

#2 cp1969

cp1969

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:16 PM

The same mentality that gripped oil last summer has descended upon ammo, that being that 'there is no way for the price to go but up.' Speculators dive in when that mentality exists.

There IS another way for ammo prices to go and I am a firm believer that it's gonna happen. When, I can't say.

Ammo is not being shot at the rate that would keep Walmarts shelves empty of ammo. It's piling up, and at some point, those people are going to figure out they've got enough and quit buying.
Anbody who believes in gun control should be taken out and shot.

#3 Patrick N

Patrick N

I Need A Range Day!

• Resident PC Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts
  • Interests:Rimfire BR, Smallbore Silhouette, Smallbore 4P, & CMP Rimfire Sporter...and enjoying all of it!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:57 PM

cp1969 is absolutely right about the mentality, years back all that it took was talk of gun legislation and the sales of firearms, ammo, and reloading components was noticably higher in our store and then after a few months things would go back to normal.

I guess that's one good thing about living in the area that I live in (far NW Chicago Burbs) there's not as many shooters and ranges as most other areas. Although I haven't had the need to buy much, every place that I've been into in past weeks has some brands including the local Walmarts and Cabelas. I just wish I could find a place that stocks Wolf or SK.

In hindsite, I suppose the reason that there's not as many shooters anymore is because my family closed and sold one of the largest ranges in the midwest. sad.gif I know I was very discouraged after that so I assume a lot of other shooters may have been as well. Now that I'm shooting again the pain has started all over because the club I belong to has very limited hours where as before, I literally lived and worked at the range and could shoot any time I wanted. Boy was I spoiled!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by trying to make it tougher for sober people to own cars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users