#1 Rimfire Kid

Rimfire Kid

Legendary Shooter

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Interests:small bore silhouette, air rifle silhouette, and field target

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:07 PM

About 15 years ago, I picked up a Glenfield 75C semi-auto .22 rifle from a pawn shop. I took the rifle to a local gunsmith and had him go through the rifle and reblue it. I was never completely happy with the function of the rifle. I guess this was due to the crappy trigger. I bet I haven't fired 100 rounds through the rifle.

I took it out to day just to make sure it still worked. I loaded 3 rounds of Eley practice 100 ammo. It fired the 1st shot and then jamed. It would only fire the next round if I loaded the round into the chamber.

I then loaded 3 rounds of the Winchester Super X high velocity rounds. It shot, cycled and function all 3 rounds like it should. Is it common for this rifle to only work with the high velocity stuff and not work with the standard velocity? Or is something else happing on the inside of the rifle, that I need to address? Thanks Ken

[attachmentid=1056]

Attached Thumbnails

• Glenfield_75_C.jpg

#2 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts
  • Interests:Remington collector "wanna-be".

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:21 PM

It's not that unusual for a semi-auto to have reliability problems with target ammo, standard velocity or sub-sonics. Target ammo especially can be bad due to the extra lube on the bullet. Another thing is that some will need to be well broken in to handle the slow stuff... this should not be the problem after a brick or two of high velocity.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to

restrain the people; it is an instrument for the

people to restrain the government-lest it come to

dominate our lives and interests"

Patrick Henry

#3 flysalot

flysalot

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE(Carl @ Jan 31 2009, 09:21 PM) View Post

It's not that unusual for a semi-auto to have reliability problems with target ammo, standard velocity or sub-sonics. Target ammo especially can be bad due to the extra lube on the bullet. Another thing is that some will need to be well broken in to handle the slow stuff... this should not be the problem after a brick or two of high velocity.

Marlin's love high speed (but not stingers) I use CCI Blazer or Mini Mags in mine with no problems... keep it clean and it'll work just fine.

The trigger however will always be... 'not great'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users