• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,042 posts
  • Interests:.22 Sporters, military rifles and curios, local club matches - 50/25 Sporter, 25/25 Pistol, Rimfire Raptor Match, and CMP Sporter.
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

http://www.midwayusa...berOfResults=20
Avatar: That is a pic of my Uncle Vernon Creasy hamming it up on the machine gun range in 1943.

#2 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,008 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting and varmint hunting especially prairie dog shooting. I also enjoy shooting crows and other vermin. My true passion right now is USBR rim fire.

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

Good buy if anyone needs one. Excellent scope. Barry tumbs.gif
Barry A. Holmes

#3 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • 5,699 posts
  • Interests:Remington collector "wanna-be".

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:03 PM

I would like to put one on a Finnish Lion I am buying, but don't really want to D&T it. Anyone know of some form of rail adaptor from the barrel mounts back over the receiver to a Weaver mount? It has mounts for a Lichert scope, but the Lichert does not focus well down to 50 yds. The globe in front is not removable and the rim of it is rather thick. I believe this is what messes with the short range focus. If the scope were mounted a little higher and were more modern optics, I believe it would work.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to

restrain the people; it is an instrument for the

people to restrain the government-lest it come to

dominate our lives and interests"

Patrick Henry

#4 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • 4,042 posts
  • Interests:.22 Sporters, military rifles and curios, local club matches - 50/25 Sporter, 25/25 Pistol, Rimfire Raptor Match, and CMP Sporter.

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:30 PM

Good luck with that challenge Carl. Hope you can work something out.

I ordered one for my Kimber Hunter to be employed in the Sporter Class of our monthly USBR matches. I have used one for the past few years and have great confidence in this model. I agree with a statement of Barry's earlier in which he stated that his T-36s are always good for several extra points on the USBR target.

I have already pulled the big BSA 36X44 off of the Kimber and will use a set of Warne high tip-off rings to mount it on my CZ 452 FS. That rifle always grouped well with CCI Blazer. It will be a neat "funny gun" combo to shoot in the Cheap Ammo Class of our BR matches. The BSA is soooo long that the one inch section of the tube easily clears the CZ's massive rear sight and allows the objective to slope down just in front of the same.
Avatar: That is a pic of my Uncle Vernon Creasy hamming it up on the machine gun range in 1943.

#5 Willie

Willie

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 517 posts
  • Interests:Likes fine old 22,s benchrest and all other matches i am able to shoot. I like hunting and fishing to.camping.

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:32 AM

WELL DANNY I HAVE SPRUNG FOR A T36 WEAVER WITH MIDWAY I DID SEE THE AD ON LINE . I CAN ALWAYSE TELL MY WIFE IT IS A NEW SHORT VAC. LOL (WILLIE)

#6 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,008 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting and varmint hunting especially prairie dog shooting. I also enjoy shooting crows and other vermin. My true passion right now is USBR rim fire.

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE(Willie @ Jul 7 2008, 11:32 AM) View Post

WELL DANNY I HAVE SPRUNG FOR A T36 WEAVER WITH MIDWAY I DID SEE THE AD ON LINE . I CAN ALWAYSE TELL MY WIFE IT IS A NEW SHORT VAC. LOL (WILLIE)

It'll take a little getting used to Willie, but once you do you'll love it. Barry
Barry A. Holmes

#7 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • 5,699 posts
  • Interests:Remington collector "wanna-be".

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:00 PM

They must have gotten their inventory "under control"... price is back up to $439. I have called them in the past and still got the lower price on some items.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to

restrain the people; it is an instrument for the

people to restrain the government-lest it come to

dominate our lives and interests"

Patrick Henry

#8 Educator

Educator

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:rimfires, gunsmithing, etc.

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:34 PM

I called them...they said they had it on sale 3 months ago but not now.

I don't know what they mean by inventory reduction. smile.gif

Dwight

#9 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • 4,042 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE(Willie @ Jul 7 2008, 11:32 AM) View Post

Willie, I hope you got the low $381 price like I did.

#10 Educator

Educator

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:13 PM

Wow...That would have been an awesome price. You lucked out Danny.

Dwight

#11 Willie

Willie

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 517 posts
  • Interests:Likes fine old 22,s benchrest and all other matches i am able to shoot. I like hunting and fishing to.camping.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE(Educator @ Jul 7 2008, 07:13 PM) View Post

Wow...That would have been an awesome price. You lucked out Danny.

Dwight

GUIS WHAT $391.00 IN ROUT HERE MABE I GOT LUCKY I NEVER SAW A SALE REDUC.THAT SHORT I GUES THAT IS WHAT YOU CALL A SNOWBALL IN JULY SALE (WILLIE)

#12 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • 4,042 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:59 AM

Willie, are you gonna put it on the Anschutz? That should let you see what that rifle is really capable of. I was told that that the Savage/Anschutz Mk 10s and 12s have 11mm tip-off grooves. If so, be sure your rings are a perfect fit. Sometimes when the 3/8ths inch rings are used on 11mm grooves one gets a cant or an off-center scope - or both.

#13 Morgans Dad

Morgans Dad

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Texas hold'em

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE(Danny Creasy @ Jul 8 2008, 06:59 AM) View Post

Willie, are you gonna put it on the Anschutz? That should let you see what that rifle is really capable of. I was told that that the Savage/Anschutz Mk 10s and 12s have 11mm tip-off grooves. If so, be sure your rings are a perfect fit. Sometimes when the 3/8ths inch rings are used on 11mm grooves one gets a cant or an off-center scope - or both.

#14 Morgans Dad

Morgans Dad

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:59 AM

I got one for morgan so she could start shooting the benchrest match also. The sale was over on the 7th. Im not sure when it started I ordered Morgans on the 2nd. Morgans arrived yesterday evening. there's website that has them listed for $405.95 with free shipping.

www.adorama.com

then do a search for weaver t-36

Edited by Morgans Dad, 08 July 2008 - 07:06 AM.

#15 Willie

Willie

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE(Danny Creasy @ Jul 8 2008, 05:59 AM) View Post

DANNY I AM KNOT SURE BUT I HAVE MILLET SO I CAN WORK WITH THOSE . AND YES I WILL MOUNT IT ON THE 10B . IT SHOULD DO GOOD IF I DO MY PART (WILLIE)

#16 Educator

Educator

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:27 AM

I called them on the 7th just to get a live person that could look at it. The butcher block that I talked to said nope...3 months ago we had a sale...it's $439 now...hadn't had them on sale in a while. angry.gif

Jack...I wondered how long you were going to hold out...biggrin.gif

Dwight

#17 Morgans Dad

Morgans Dad

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(Educator @ Jul 8 2008, 10:27 AM) View Post

I called them on the 7th just to get a live person that could look at it. The butcher block that I talked to said nope...3 months ago we had a sale...it's $439 now...hadn't had them on sale in a while. angry.gif

Jack...I wondered how long you were going to hold out...biggrin.gif

Dwight

Not to long but i had to promise i wouldnt buy anything else for awhile. Maybe you can help us get it set up after the 4H shoot saturday.

#18 Educator

Educator

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(Morgans Dad @ Jul 8 2008, 05:07 PM) View Post

Not to long but i had to promise i wouldnt buy anything else for awhile. Maybe you can help us get it set up after the 4H shoot saturday.

Absolutely.

#19 Tom R

Tom R

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:C.F.Benchrest<br />R.F. Benchrest<br />Long Range Shooting<br />SCUBA Diving

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:22 AM

Hi,
The best price that I have seen for Weaver 36X T silver .
Killough Shooting Sports-$380.00 delivered.
BL 24 T's $350.00 delivered.

Tom R

#20 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • 4,042 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:21 PM

I mounted the new T-36 on my Kimber as planned. When you change glass, you simply must re-anoint the new combo via the golden raintree ceremony biggrin.gif :

IPB Image

IPB Image

Of course, that freed up the BSA Platinum 36X44. I included a set of high Warne rings in the same order as the T-36 and used the Warnes to mount the big BSA on my CZ FS. I am going to try it out in the Cheap Ammo Class of our monthly benchrest matches. A mismatch no doubt. But, I think it looks like a Black Forest huning rifle on steroids:

IPB Image

Now it's anointed as well.

#21 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE(Danny Creasy @ Jul 12 2008, 02:21 PM) View Post

I mounted the new T-36 on my Kimber as planned. When you change glass, you simply must re-anoint the new combo via the golden raintree ceremony biggrin.gif :

IPB Image

IPB Image

Of course, that freed up the BSA Platinum 36X44. I included a set of high Warne rings in the same order as the T-36 and used the Warnes to mount the big BSA on my CZ FS. I am going to try it out in the Cheap Ammo Class of our monthly benchrest matches. A mismatch no doubt. But, I think it looks like a Black Forest huning rifle on steroids:

IPB Image

Now it's anointed as well.

When you anoint one do you have to dance around the tree and say some secret chant? blink.gif Barry
Barry A. Holmes

#22 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • 4,042 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:48 PM

Of course, while wearing a loin cloth. It ain't pretty. ohmy.gif

#23 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:17 PM

Please-PLEASE don't make any pictures. If your rifles keep shooting like they are now I may drop off some of mine to get the treatment. I'll definately leave them and pick them up later. laugh.gif Barry
Barry A. Holmes

#24 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • 4,042 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

It was windy at the range this afternoon. But, I had to try a few fast groups with the Kimber/Weaver.

IPB Image

#25 Willie

Willie

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:02 AM

DANNY YOU SHOT SOME VERRY NICE GRUPES .BUT YOU WILL BE AWAY THE WEEKEND .LOL SO MY LUCK JUST IMPROVED (WILLIE)

Edited by Willie, 14 July 2008 - 10:28 AM.

#26 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • 4,042 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(Willie @ Jul 14 2008, 06:02 AM) View Post
DANNY YOU SHOT SOME VERRY NICE GRUPES .BUT YOU WILL BE AWAY THE WEEKEND .LOL SO MY LUCK JUST IMPROVED (WILLIE)

Yea, you oughta be thankful wink.gif . Look at how the FS ON STEROIDS shot this morning:

IPB Image

I sighted in and shot some groups with SK Pistol Match, Aguila CMP White Box, and CCI Blazer. Then I put up a USBR target and started shooting without realizing I only had 20 rounds left. I thought I had put two boxes of Blazers in the bag. Alas, only one. Hey, that bottom row is pretty hot, huh?

Here is the very first and only group I shot with SK Pistol Match and interestingly enough, the first and best of the day with CCI Blazer. The CMP White Box was about the same as the Blazer.

IPB Image

The only thing I have done to this rifle other than mount a scope on it and clean it occasionally is to rotate the weight of pull nut to its lightest setting (trigger goes about 2 lbs 10 ozs and has slight creep).

Dang, I might shoot this in Sporter Class with the SK Pistol Match instead of the Kimber!

#27 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:04 PM

Looks like I might have to repo that SK Pistol Match. Looks like you are getting some good groups with it. I got a .224 with the 52D last week using the SK Pistol Match. If your rifle likes it it will shoot it pretty well. Barry
Barry A. Holmes

#28 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • 4,042 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:22 PM

We can't shoot until high noon on Sunday at our range. So, it was up in the 90s when I gave the Kimber/Weaver a try with a USBR target. 50 yards. Very little wind. 222-2X. Will be interesting to try it at 7:00 AM next weekend. SK Subsonic Hollow Points.

IPB Image

After I finished. I rolled the Caldwell back up to the top and took a last shot at the USBR emblem on the right. Sweet!

#29 Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*

Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE(Danny Creasy @ Jul 27 2008, 03:22 PM) View Post

We can't shoot until high noon on Sunday at our range. So, it was up in the 90s when I gave the Kimber/Weaver a try with a USBR target. 50 yards. Very little wind. 222-2X. Will be interesting to try it at 7:00 AM next weekend. SK Subsonic Hollow Points.

IPB Image

After I finished. I rolled the Caldwell back up to the top and took a last shot at the USBR emblem on the right. Sweet!

Nice target can't wait to shoot the BR with the whole crew there. Me n' Barry have a little friendly duel going on 2 points at a time, if the trend continues 1 of us will have a 243 it is exciting as he!!.I am dedicating all my practice time to USBR only. The rest is fun and I like it but BR is my new thing, and have already tied up close to $2k in 3 months and still counting and wont stop till I beat the monster. According to the USBR website there has never been a 250 or a 248 for that matter, I think we have enough talent at our club someone can break it.Danny I think if you would shoot it with a real bench gun you could do it , but it is going to take a heavy barrel and BR stock you have the rest and talent .So be like Mike and just do it... biggrin.gif "T"

#30 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • 4,042 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

Naaah, I am going to leave the big guns to you guys. Back when I was shooting the RFC online matches, I shot a 238 with the Anschutz 1710 and a 240 with the Remington 541T. Of course I got to try four times a month and I could cherry pick the conditions. That latest USBR Sporter score record looks more interesting to me. Link:

http://usbr.benchrest.net/usbr_rec.htm

Hey, I just noticed that the latest Custom score is higher than the Unlimited. Too funny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users