• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,493 posts
  • Interests:CMP Rimfire Sporter, Karate, Iaido, Aircraft and most anything that reflects skill and talent.

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:16 AM

A Primer on Scoring Gauges

By Gary Anderson, DCM

[font="Arial"][size=3]Posted Image

A frequently asked question at CMP concerns what are the correct gauges to use for scoring different targets and where can they be obtained. This is not a simple question to answer. There are inward gauges and outward gauges for most 10 meter and 50 foot targets and when each must be used varies from target to target. There are actually three different smallbore or .22 cal. inward gauges. And in highpower rifle matches governed by NRA Rules, the gauge used depends upon the caliber of the rifle being fired at each target. Moreover, ISSF and USA Shooting Rules give legal gauge dimensions in millimeters and NRA Rules use inches, while National Three-Position Air Rifle Council gives both. With so many rulebook variations, it is not difficult to understand why questions about scoring gauges are commonplace.

Posted Image

[font="Arial"][size=1]An inward gauge is read towards the inside or center of the target
A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

for Zach, Everett, and Lilly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users