10 replies to this topic

#1 j.r. guerra in s. texas

j.r. guerra in s. texas

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:13 PM

I'm fairly new to the CZ line, but was surprised to find out how old the original version of these rifles ( Brno #1s) were. Beautiful old rifles, made back when quality really mattered (as did American gun companies back then), they are wonderful rifles to collect and shoot. See the attachment for a really short description of only some of the Brno rimfire rifles there are.

Brno 468 Garden Gun:

Posted Image

Brno #1:

Posted Image

Brno #4 LUX MI:

Posted Image

Brno 611 semi-automatic:

Posted Image

All of them outstanding firearms. It is a shame the U.S. never really got a chance to use them as much as the rest of the world, due to Cold War arms embargo of Czechoslavakia.

Attached Files

#2 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,538 posts
  • Interests:CMP Rimfire Sporter, Karate, Iaido, Aircraft and most anything that reflects skill and talent.

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:47 PM

That 611 is way cool JR

Dwight
A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

for Zach, Everett, and Lilly

#3 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • 5,835 posts
  • Interests:Remington collector "wanna-be".

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:11 PM

Way to go j.r. :tumbs:

Whenever Sony gets their camera program upgraded to Vista capable, maybe I can post one of my Model 4 (ZKM 456 L). Can't seem to get anything loaded that I want... camera, GPS, scanner, etc., none of them have drivers that work yet.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to

restrain the people; it is an instrument for the

people to restrain the government-lest it come to

dominate our lives and interests"

Patrick Henry

#4 j.r. guerra in s. texas

j.r. guerra in s. texas

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:00 PM

Your welcome guys - I think a post without pics looks a little bare. I know some folks with computers with slow dialup hate pics so if its a hardship - please let me know - don't want to create waves.

#5 Bradley157

Bradley157

Sharp Shooter

• Consultant / Mentor
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Gun Collecting, Gunsmithing, Hunting, Paper Punching, Trapping
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:19 AM

Hello all,

I am a huge fan of the Brno firearms as well and own several, not just rimfires.

Looking at this beautiful 611 brings back memories. I had a pretty one too but sold it.

I never could get my 611 to shoot accurately enough for me. It was a 611 and not the later 611-A. It had beautfully figured wood and was nearly mint. I tried everything I could.....different ammo, glass bedding the forearm, differnet screw tensions, etc. Nothing worked. It was a 1" gun at 50 no matter what I tried. Whelen said (I think) that only accurate guns are interesting, so off to the gunshow it went. Yes....I told the buyer my sad tale of less than stellar accuracy. He was thrilled with the wood and the price so off it went.

Sadly.......sort of......I have an entry level, no frills Marlin 925 that is an incredible shooter. I have done esentially nothing to the trigger other than clean it up and stone it a little. I evened up and resealed the bedding. That's it. The gun shoots .375 to .400 at 50 with cheap Winchester 40 gr HP silver box. What's up with that??

I would love to know if I had a dud Brno 611 so I could justify buying another one :rolleyes: . The guns are so beautfully made. The triggers are not great but workable into a decent trigger. I saved all my spare magazines just in case :D .

Has anyone had better luck than me?

Thank you, Brad

#6 OldSwede

OldSwede

Distinguished Shooter

• Consultant / Mentor
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Woodworking, shooting, anything with my grandsons.
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE(Bradley157 @ Dec 28 2007, 08:19 AM) View Post

Hello all,

I am a huge fan of the Brno firearms as well and own several, not just rimfires.

Looking at this beautiful 611 brings back memories. I had a pretty one too but sold it.

I never could get my 611 to shoot accurately enough for me. It was a 611 and not the later 611-A. It had beautfully figured wood and was nearly mint. I tried everything I could.....different ammo, glass bedding the forearm, differnet screw tensions, etc. Nothing worked. It was a 1" gun at 50 no matter what I tried. Whelen said (I think) that only accurate guns are interesting, so off to the gunshow it went. Yes....I told the buyer my sad tale of less than stellar accuracy. He was thrilled with the wood and the price so off it went.

Sadly.......sort of......I have an entry level, no frills Marlin 925 that is an incredible shooter. I have done esentially nothing to the trigger other than clean it up and stone it a little. I evened up and resealed the bedding. That's it. The gun shoots .375 to .400 at 50 with cheap Winchester 40 gr HP silver box. What's up with that??

I would love to know if I had a dud Brno 611 so I could justify buying another one rolleyes.gif . The guns are so beautfully made. The triggers are not great but workable into a decent trigger. I saved all my spare magazines just in case biggrin.gif .

Has anyone had better luck than me?

Thank you, Brad

Nothing like waiting almost a year to reply, eh? Guess because this is about a Czech rifle under the heading "Russian Rifles".

1. Continue to save those 611 magazines. They are like pure gold.
2. The 611 that you had is far superior to the "later" 611-A.
3. They are not target guns but rather fun hunting guns. The WMR cartridge is not a target cartridge in any of it's many permutations. The best mine will shoot is 1.25" at 100 and that is not all the time. I'm satisfied for what it is; I have target guns for that work.

QUOTE(OldSwede @ Dec 18 2008, 11:51 AM) View Post

Nothing like waiting almost a year to reply, eh? Guess because this is about a Czech rifle under the heading "Russian Rifles".

1. Continue to save those 611 magazines. They are like pure gold.
2. The 611 that you had is far superior to the "later" 611-A.
3. They are not target guns but rather fun hunting guns. The WMR cartridge is not a target cartridge in any of it's many permutations. The best mine will shoot is 1.25" at 100 and that is not all the time. I'm satisfied for what it is; I have target guns for that work.

#7 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:32 PM

Not sure how it got where it's at, but I will try to move it to Other Rifles or CZ. I imagine the Czechs would not be happy with it under Russian rifles.

Looks like there are several brands of rifles that should not be under Russian Rifles... maybe Dwight can re-label this section as "Easterm Bloc", or "Former Eastern Block" instead of Russian. Putin and his band of thugs don't need any more encouragement... I think they are going to test Obama soon enough.

Patrick Henry

#8 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 7,538 posts
  • Interests:CMP Rimfire Sporter, Karate, Iaido, Aircraft and most anything that reflects skill and talent.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(Carl @ Dec 18 2008, 02:32 PM) View Post
Not sure how it got where it's at, but I will try to move it to Other Rifles or CZ. I imagine the Czechs would not be happy with it under Russian rifles.

Looks like there are several brands of rifles that should not be under Russian Rifles... maybe Dwight can re-label this section as "Easterm Bloc", or "Former Eastern Block" instead of Russian. Putin and his band of thugs don't need any more encouragement... I think they are going to test Obama soon enough.

Why Yes I can , glad to help get our facts straight. biggrin.gif

A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

#9 guypike

guypike

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:00 PM

My 611 is sub MOA with RWS ammo. Very pricey but you wouldn't fee a thoroughbred cow hay would you?

#10 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:07 PM

Dwight.... I corrected my spelling of Eastern Bloc.... looks like you copied and pasted biggrin.gif . Sorry about that! And thanks for the change.

Patrick Henry

#11 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 7,538 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE(Carl @ Dec 18 2008, 07:07 PM) View Post
Dwight.... I corrected my spelling of Eastern Bloc.... looks like you copied and pasted biggrin.gif . Sorry about that! And thanks for the change.

Y.e.s. tongue.gif

But it right now biggrin.gif

Dwight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users