#1 ranger25

ranger25

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

Hello all,

I have a Mossberg Palomino 402 that is in need of a cartridge stop spring. I was given this rifle after a friend lost the bolt and reciever plate, got those but then found that this spring was missing too. Tried gunbroker, havlin parts and nuremburg parts to no avail. Has anyone else ever made one of these out of another spring and if so, what was used? It is mossberg part number 1328.

I appreciate any response

#2 RustyNut

RustyNut

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Kayaking
    Hiking
    Shooting
    Hunting
    Reloading

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:15 AM

Sorry, no parts here but you might want to check the firing pin also. They are usually broken into 2 pieces in the Palomino.

#3 ranger25

ranger25

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

Well, I fixed the spring problem with a fabricated one I made out of a safety pin... The firing pin works great and this rifle is fully operational again... WHOOOOHOOOO

#4 Patrick N

Patrick N

I Need A Range Day!

• Resident PC Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts
  • Interests:Rimfire BR, Smallbore Silhouette, Smallbore 4P, & CMP Rimfire Sporter...and enjoying all of it!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

Sorry, no parts here but you might want to check the firing pin also. They are usually broken into 2 pieces in the Palomino.

The firing pin in my 400 Palomino was in two pieces when I got it many moons ago.

Well, I fixed the spring problem with a fabricated one I made out of a safety pin... The firing pin works great and this rifle is fully operational again... WHOOOOHOOOO

Glad to hear that you fixed the problem ranger25. Feel free to post a pic of the rifle sometime if you'd like. We don't see a lot of the 400/402 Palominos so we'd welcome a chance to see yours.

Welcome to Rimfire Shooting!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by trying to make it tougher for sober people to own cars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users