#1 Bender

Bender

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:58 PM

Hi Guys,

I've been shopping for a 452/453/(455) 22LR. I'd like the 453 trigger but really want open sights. I can't seem to find this combination. What would be the next best option? Is it possible to add sights to a 453? I know I could just go with a trigger kit for the 452.

#2 LongPlay

LongPlay

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Chemistry

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:03 PM

Well, to be honest, I had no idea the 453 was not offered in the full line as the 452. But after a bit of looking through my favorite sites, I see that you are entirely right. Only the American and Varmint are offered in the 453 line with the set trigger.

Let me Welcome you to the site. Lots of friendly folks around here, many with more knowledge about CZ's than I have....

But I suppose you already know about the improvements available to the CZ triggers in the 452 line. The lux or the ultra lux in a 452 would certainly hit your need list for the iron sights. As for adding sights to the Varmint or American, as for the rear sight, yep, easy as pie. Williams sight company makes several types of peeps for the 3/8" rail that slide on and clamp down. I have one on my Ultra Lux. But the front sight, I think you would be looking to have one made. I did a quick look and if you could find a way to make a front sight for an AR15 work, you would be swamped with them. Unfortunately, from what I see nothing available for a plain barrel that actually has a decent chance of hitting anything... at least on the first shot.... :rolleyes:

#3 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 7,534 posts
  • Interests:CMP Rimfire Sporter, Karate, Iaido, Aircraft and most anything that reflects skill and talent.

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:37 PM

Welcome to RFS Bender.

Dwight
A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

for Zach, Everett, and Lilly

#4 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • 4,091 posts
  • Interests:.22 Sporters, military rifles and curios, local club matches - 50/25 Sporter, 25/25 Pistol, Rimfire Raptor Match, and CMP Sporter.
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

Hi Guys,

I've been shopping for a 452/453/(455) 22LR. I'd like the 453 trigger but really want open sights. I can't seem to find this combination. What would be the next best option? Is it possible to add sights to a 453? I know I could just go with a trigger kit for the 452.

Welcome to RFS.

Will take some gunsmithing but surely something from Marble will work:

http://www.marblearm...rontSights.html

But, the 453 American and Varmint have combs that are two high for best use with open sights. I would attack this problem from the other direction unless you are simply dying for a single set trigger. Get a Lux, UltraLux, or Special/Trainer and install a $70 Timney trigger in it.

#5 Bender

Bender

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:12 AM

Thanks for the advice and hospitality.

I think the 452 Lux + trigger sounds like the best way to get good sights. And gives me an excuse to buy an 453 American later!

#6 chance_of_rain

chance_of_rain

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,235 posts
  • Interests:1911's, Harley rides w/ my better half, shooting sports of all types, and plinking with the kids.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:17 AM

Thanks for the Marbles link Danny. Been thinking of doing some upgrades to my daughters pink Scout. Thinking on a Williams rear peep, and one of those fiber optic fronts sights, (if the right hieght) may be just the ticket.

Chance...

PS. Also, Please forgive my manners Bender. Welcome to our great little forum.

Edited by chance_of_rain, 26 February 2011 - 08:22 AM.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#7 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • 4,091 posts
  • Interests:.22 Sporters, military rifles and curios, local club matches - 50/25 Sporter, 25/25 Pistol, Rimfire Raptor Match, and CMP Sporter.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:17 AM

Thanks for the advice and hospitality.

I think the 452 Lux + trigger sounds like the best way to get good sights. And gives me an excuse to buy an 453 American later!

Posted Image

#8 Stray Round

Stray Round

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:26 AM

You might also consider a 452 Lux or Special and an Automation Solutions sear. Gives a very crisp, repeatable trigger.

#9 noshow

noshow

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:12 AM

Well here it is. If CZ-USA imports them, you can have your wish:

http://www.czub.cz/e...CZ_453_LUX.aspx

#10 Bender

Bender

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:33 PM

After handling a few 452 and 455 Americans (nice stock!) and a 452 FS (nice sights!), I ended up ordering a 452 Lux (unseen) through a local dealer. Should be here later in the week. After seeing the quality of the sights, I'm sure they're of more value to me than the set trigger.

I could still see getting the 453 American for my wife. With her eyesight she'd probably prefer a scope. At least that's the angle I'm working ;)

#11 LongPlay

LongPlay

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:57 PM

I think that you will be quite happy with your decision. The YoDave kit on the trigger if it needs it, should allow you to have a trigger pull of very decent quality. As Sheffield shooter has said above, if after you try the YoDave kit you are still not happy, you can still get the Timney trigger, and that will fix it up in almost any way you would like. And at the end of the day, you still have only spent what you would have spent had CZ decided to make the 453 in the Lux versison, as the 453 versions are almost all around $100 or so more than the 452's.

Good luck on the wood lottery... and let's see some pics when the new CZ arrives!

#12 chance_of_rain

chance_of_rain

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,235 posts
  • Interests:1911's, Harley rides w/ my better half, shooting sports of all types, and plinking with the kids.

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

Bender, You should be plenty happy with that 452 Lux. And yes they do have great sights. I own 4 open sighted CZs, but two of them (fullstocks .17HMR and 22lr)now wear Williams rear apertures with target knobs. My other two are an Ultra Lux and a Trainer/Special. Opps, almost forgot the open sighted pink Scout of my daughters. Sad to say the Scout does not carry the same Tangant rear sight.
Great idea on the American for the wife angle. Works on mine. Got her a CZ 12 gauge O/U at tax time, now it only stands to reason that I should get that Browning O/U so as we can shoot together. :rolleyes:
Congrats and have fun with that Lux and good luck convincing you wife that she really wants that American. Let us know how things work out.

Happy Shooting!!! Chance...
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#13 Bender

Bender

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:31 AM

Good luck on the wood lottery... and let's see some pics when the new CZ arrives!

I did well on the wood lottery, no complaints at all. The bluing is perfect. Did dry fire it a couple times and there is considerable creep. But I'm very happy with the purchase so far.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0150.jpg

#14 chance_of_rain

chance_of_rain

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:53 AM

Bender, Congrats on the new Lux. She's a beauty. She looks a little cold there on that stump. Better run a few rounds down the tube and warm her up. :D

#15 LongPlay

LongPlay

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:37 AM

Looks like you did well in the wood choices!! Love those mineral stains running diagonally across the butt stock. Real classy walnut.

Yeah, I agree with Chance, need a few rounds through the bore to warm her up. I am sure you will be poking some holes in paper quite soon!!

#16 aack73

aack73

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:guns of all kinds, motorcycles, my wife and 4 children

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:40 PM

congrats on the new rifle.I'm sure you'll love it. haven't met an unhappy cz owner yet. i think they sprinkle a little pixie dust on'em before they leave the factory. :lol:

#17 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

I like the looks of the rifle Bender. You done good man.

#18 delevic

delevic

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:24 AM

Hi guys

I am new in this world :) and I want to buy new CZ-453 lux. I can see that only difference between 452 and 453 iz in trigger . 453 use "single set trigger" look pictures below:

Posted Image

Picture number 5 is 452, picture number 6 is 453

CZ 453 enables adjusting the trigger pull and the trigger travel length before and after discharge . The adjustment can be
performed after removing the stock using the set screws A (trigger pull), B (trigger travel before) and C (trigger travel after discharge)
The adjustment of the set-trigger is carried out using the screw located in front of the trigger.

I shot form cz-452 on 25m, and I can tell you that I am very pleased with this rifle. I grouped five hits to only 10mm (0.39) inches in diameter. It is not bad for one beginner :)

Unfortunately , I didn't try to shoot from 453 (my fried only have 452 ) ,but I think it can be only better with new trigger, or not? :)

What do you think about cz-453 lux ? Or you would recommend something better?

#19 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:45 AM

The 453's has some advantages but what I personally didn't like about the 453 triggers that I have handled is the positioning. The 452 trigger rides in the back of the trigger guard while the 453 trigger rides in the middle of the trigger guard. Each shooter has their own likes and dislikes but I would suggest that you at least handle a 453 now that you have shot a 452.

#20 delevic

delevic

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:48 AM

Thanks for fast answer

I handled a 453, and I noticed that. But I think that is not problem for me, because I am new, and I am not used to the previous position (in the back of the trigger guard). I read a lot about rimfire rifle and I found that anschutz is probably the best.I believe in that , But I didn't see any concrete test about that. I would like to see group at 50m with cz and anschutz , and see what is the difference in accuracy. For now I can see only difference in price :)

Edited by delevic, 30 April 2011 - 04:50 AM.

#21 chance_of_rain

chance_of_rain

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:03 AM

delevic, Welcome to RFS. I love the CZ line of rifles. The only problem I have with the 453 is I have smaller hands and reaching the trigger can be difficult for me. I have several 452s and enjoy them all.

Chance...

#22 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:53 PM

I would like to see group at 50m with cz and anschutz , and see what is the difference in accuracy. For now I can see only difference in price :)

I took my CZ 452 American head to head against my Anschutz 1710 several years ago in a test with several different ammos. Here are the results:

Posted Image

I would say that the Anschutz edged out the CZ but at three times the price, is it worth it to you? Only the individual shooter can answer that question.

#23 delevic

delevic

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:37 AM

Thanks Sheffieldshooter , this is what I am looking for :)

I would say that the Anschutz edged out the CZ

I even wouldn't say that. The differences are only in nuances. I noticed that you hit more bullseye with 452 exactly 8 , and with 1710 only 2 as far as I can see :)

three times the price, is it worth it to you?

Of course not.

I definitely decided to buy the 453. I just waiting for approval from the police, and when I bought a gun I will make some tests, and will post here :)

@ chance_of_rain

delevic, Welcome to RFS

Thanks

The only problem I have with the 453 is I have smaller hands and reaching the trigger can be difficult for me

I have big hands so it will not be difficult :)

Edited by delevic, 03 May 2011 - 06:04 AM.

#24 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:28 AM

I even wouldn't say that. The differences are only in nuances. I noticed that you hit more bullseye with 452 exactly 8 , and with 1710 only 2 as far as I can see :)

Please note that I was not shooting for bullseyes. The orange dots were strictly aiming points. I deliberately had the scopes adjusted to shoot far to the side of the aiming point. When one tests for accuracy one shoots for groups and does not want to spoil the aiming point with hits. Also, the groups are easier to measure it they strike in a plain area.

The Anschutz shot at least 6 one hole groups. The CZ shot one for sure - maybe three marginally.

#25 delevic

delevic

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:35 AM

Please note that I was not shooting for bullseyes

I know that , I put smile at the end :)

I can see that you shoot three targets less with 452 (CCI green tag) ;) The Anschutz shot 4 "one hole" groups and 6 marginally. CZ shot 2
"one hole" and marginally ~4 . But groups much vary even with the same ammunition. If we look through "one holes" shots, yes, Anschutz is 40% better but 300% more expensive.And if you shoot standing up, I think that this advantage definitely disappears.

The most important thing for me is that all groups with 452 will hits bullseye.

#26 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:09 PM

The most important thing for me is that all groups with 452 will hits bullseye.

There ya go.

#27 chance_of_rain

chance_of_rain

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:48 PM

I think I see a new CZ in someones future. ;)

#28 delevic

delevic

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:13 AM

I think I see a new CZ in someones future.

You can bet on it :)

#29 delevic

delevic

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:53 AM

Finally I bought a cz 453 lux B)

So far I have only tested 453 on 25m with SK Standard Plus (I will test again with SK Gold Match), I almost always got a group of 1-2 cm . I managed to shoot 3-4 bullets in the "same hole" with iron sight :) while sitting, of course:) the new trigger is phenomenal, set-trigger is very very sensiteve:) I am amazed with the rifle. Soon I will buy optical sight, and I'm going to shoot at 50 m and I will upload results:)

Do you have any advice for rifle maintenance ?

How much is dangerous .22 projectile in free fall ?

Edited by delevic, 03 July 2011 - 05:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users