• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Marksman

Marksman

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:I do any and everything with the outdoors.

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:49 PM

I would just like to know what your best shot was on a squirrel with any remfire.
What was the distance and where did u hit it?
Im just curious about your stories.

#2 S&G Custom

S&G Custom

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Gunsmithing , Hunting , Fishing , Camping , ATV , Shooting

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:25 PM

I would just like to know what your best shot was on a squirrel with any remfire.

289 with a 22LR Volquartsen Custom 10/22 on a sage rat in Klamath Falls Oregon three years ago , yardage checked with laser.
304 with a 17HM2 Cooper LTV Rifle on a sage rat same place this year also checked with a laser.
328 with a 17HMR Custom CZ Rifle on a rock chuck three years ago same place.

#3 Marksman

Marksman

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:I do any and everything with the outdoors.

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

Nice shootin

#4 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,049 posts
  • Interests:.22 Sporters, military rifles and curios, local club matches - 50/25 Sporter, 25/25 Pistol, Rimfire Raptor Match, and CMP Sporter.
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:46 AM

On a cold winter morning near Cloverdale, Alabama in 1978, I made my finest shot ever on a grey squirrel. I was hunting with my Dad who always liked to move through the woods slowly and take squirrels with a an old single shot 12 gauge (usually hit them on the run just as they spotted him). I chose to linger behind him and employ my favorite method of sitting at the base of a big oak tree and wait for the bushytails to start moving.

I usually heard them first but this time, I actually caught movement in a tree quite far out in front of me. I brought my elbows to my knees and scanned the tree with the fixed four power Bushnell scope. Finally, just the head of a grey appeared from around the left side of the big tree. I was not sure of the range but new it was farther than the 50 yards that I had the Marlin 783 .22 Magnum sighted in for. So, I aimed about an inch high and squeezed the seven lb gold trigger. I lost the squirrel with the blink at the shot, waited a couple of minutes, and walked over to the tree. I took 85 steps to the base of the oak and discovered a big fat boar squirrel dead as a doornail with a shot through the head.

Dad sauntered up a little later with no kills to his credit and upon hearing my "fish story", he seemed to relay both a Father's pride and a sportsman's envy with a simple, "Maybe I should of found a good spot and settled in like you did". Actually, I never met another woodsman that could creep through the woods as stealthy as Pop and I never recall seeing him miss a running squirrel or rabbit with a shotgun. A Depression era boy, the meat he would bring home to his Cypress Inn sharecropping family was often all they had. He just had one of those empty bag mornings that we all experienced on occasion.
Avatar: That is a pic of my Uncle Vernon Creasy hamming it up on the machine gun range in 1943.

#5 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 7,518 posts
  • Interests:CMP Rimfire Sporter, Karate, Iaido, Aircraft and most anything that reflects skill and talent.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:06 AM

Around December 1974, I was Deer Hunting with my trusty Marlin 1894 44Mag lever gun. It was getting late in the day and I was walking with my dad and the landowner where we hunted. This man had very simple rules about hunting on his land, he gave out 50 permits a year, would not take a dime for a permit....and you parked in his yard and walked onto his land to hunt (700 acres as I recall) we had had a dry morning seeing nothing that day and I was there with John and my dad and John wanted to see my new big bore lever gun....he pointed at a squirrel sitting on a limb about 75 yards away and said "son you think that rifle could hit that squirrel .....I said sure without thinking....he said well kill it then...I hate squirrels they eat my dog food and get in my barn. About this time the squirrel went into a slow loping hop out to the end of the giant limb, the back drop was a huge sandstone hillside so we knew where the bullet was going...my dad said it's gone now...on the third lope the Remington 240 grain HP hit that gray squirrel dead in the middle and diced the squirrel in two pieces........head and tail ....no lie. Now was the shot skill or luck....I say a lot of luck was involved. John never forgot the shot he and my dad are long gone now.....but they talked about this shot for some time.....I got labeled "Oh here is the squirrel killer"

I took it all in stride, we took care of Johns land and never killed a doe, made sure no one destroyed his fences and if they did we helped repair them. There was always hot coffee on and biscuits aplenty if you were hungry ....what group of boys from 14 to 25 were not always Posted Image

I don't suppose hunting of this type goes on any longer, or not around here. John and my dad passed on around 1980, I gave up deer hunting soon after that.

Dwight
A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

for Zach, Everett, and Lilly

#6 LongPlay

LongPlay

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 2,042 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Chemistry

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:24 AM

My best shot was a black colored fox squirrel, up here in East Texas. They had been hunted hard, two seasons in a row from what I can tell from my own efforts, and not much before that as the land I was hunting required a half mile walk around my property lines to get to, unless you lived in my place...

We had had a big set of thunderstorms come through about 10 days prior, with a couple of small twisters embedded in it. It has dumped over several big topped oak trees full of acorns, one here, one there kind of pattern throughout the woods. I walked up onto one about 30" across at the stump laying down flat. Leaned up against the big trunk just where the limbs started, and startled a big black squirrel out of it, feasting on the acorns. Scared the whooey out of me and the squirrel. Now the squirrels in that 100 acre patch have gotten thinned down to the ones smart enough to get out of range of a .22 LR from last season and the first half of this season. So when that squirrel took off, I decided to squat into the limbs and let him run and hit a tree. Well, he went a very very long way, passing several likely trees without so much as a second look. He finally hit a pine tree, every bit of 24" thick at the trunk and a good 140 ft. tall and I started to wonder if I would ever see him up there. What he did NOT know was I was not carrying my old Mossberg 44US that day. I had my "meat gun" as I was completely empty in the freezer of game. I had an old H&R .22Mag Semi auto. It was tuned to perfection with Winchester FMJ 40gr ammo.

That squirrel went straight up the tree, and very uncharacteristically for a black fox squirrel, could not help himself, he just had to peek out from the first big limb, to see if I was following him. I was, but not with my feet. I could not sneak up on a deaf, dumb and blind person in the woods with my bad leg, so I always take that time while they are running to get into shooting position. I was down in the bush end of that old Oak, with a double set of limbs serving as front and rear rests. When he poked his head out, I had one ear, one eye and half a nose to shoot at. I held about 1/2" high and let him look closely at a 40gr. high speed pill..... Paced it off at 112 paces, i figure just about 105 yards. He never knew what hit him....

#7 TOP PREDATOR

TOP PREDATOR

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:18 PM

i consider the next shot is going to be the best every shot i ever took....
"a craftsman can't realize his full potential, without finding the potential of the tools he uses...."

#8 dustoffer

dustoffer

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:30 PM

Best shot on a tree squirrel was 93 yds, lasered. Shot it with my CZ 452 Varmint in .22LR with Weaver V-16 scope using Remington SubSonic ammo--which is the rifle's favorite. Hit the squirrel in the neck as it was hanging head-down on the trunk of a tree.

#9 americanstrat98

americanstrat98

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Gunsmithing,US Army Armorer, Target Shooting, Silhouette Shooting, Reloading, Hunting Critters, and all legal game in Bama, Roll Tide!!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

Around 1999 in Alabama. Was sitting inbetween two cedar trees in front of our barn with my Super Stock 10/22, There was a treeline to the east about 340yds, and a treeline to the west at about 130yds, and a treeline dead in front at about 150 yds, I was I fixin to call in the coyotes, when a rustle in the treeline made me hold off. I first caught a glempse of her at about 125 yds with my range finder, then she popped out at 134 yds. I use propper hold over and with luck I aimed right between those eyes, I squeezed off and lay still for a while. I decided to call that particular hunt off bc of the racket I made with my shooting. I went down to check her and she was lying on all 4's with a hole right above her nose. I showed papa and my uncles and dad, and anyone else that would look. THis shecoon had been around for a couple years, taken shoes, ruinin our sculpanons, getting in the gardens. No more!

Longest squirrel was with a my Gray Target Fajen Stocked Ruger 10/22 with carbon wrapped barrel. I'm guessing its around 90 feet or maybe as long as 120ft, I was in a place we call the ol' place, Full of 200+year Hickory trees, Black walnuts, Maples, Chestnuts, Whiteoaks, Long Leaf pine ranging 350 years along with Loblolly and with palmetoes in the bottums, Hunting Heaven for the stalker. I had made my way in about 200yds in on the stalk since daylight and already had killed 3, but the boogers by about 730 moved into the towering trees I was under and in the old Knots of the great white oaks. I don't know if it was the longest I've ever made, but definately the most challanging, He was running from tree to tree, I shot 3 different times free hand, and on the thrid shot I plugged him while he was profiled at the base of a limb next to the main stalk of the tree, thought he was hiding, but I got him. I got excited bc of the quiet stalk then the misses that followed, its usually a quiet quick kill with a single shot but he was a fun one. I was aiming at head each time, and only on the last shot did I hit my mark.

Good Stories!

#10 rem540x

rem540x

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Love shooting my rimfire rifles and am a long time fly fisherman and fly tier.

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

Hi all. Im brand new to the site and so far really like it. I hope to post some pics and get involved in some of the online matches this spring. I saw this thread and just couldnt resist a little personal back slapping. I currently live in southwest missouri and live to hunt squirrels. At the begining of last season I had just gotten permission to hunt some private land not far grom my house and was taking along a buddy for his first squirrel hunt. He had just purchased a savage mkII in 17 mach II and wanted to see how it would do. We pulled into the property at about 4 pm for the after noon hunt and started getting ready at my jeep. I could have sworn I saw one slip down a big oak when we pulled in and kept looking in that direction while I was getting ready. We were almost ready to go and he had just loaded his gun when I saw the big old fox squirrel run up that tree. I tried pointing it out to him but he just didnt see it. I said let me see that gun and tried to get a rest on the jeep but it just wasnt working out so I stepped up and threw the gun up off hand. Found him in the scope and when the cross hairs where about an inch above his head I squized the trigger. He came tumbling out of the tree and my buddy turned and looked at me like what in the hell just happened. That squirrel was a good 70 feet up that tree and we walked it off and it was 91 steps from where I stood when I pulled the trigger. And it was a head shot. It was mostly luck bieng off hand and all but it was still a great shot. Thanks for the forum and hope to post more soon.

#11 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • 5,703 posts
  • Interests:Remington collector "wanna-be".

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:09 AM

I can honestly say I don't recall ever shooting a squirrel with a rifle. As a kid I hunted them fairly often, but Dad's Stevens Favorite had a chipped firing pin and would only fire about 1 in 10 times. I hunted everything with an Iver Johnson .410 until at about 15 years old I bought my own Mossberg bolt action 20 guage (worst kicking gun I ever owned!!).

Funniest shot I ever made was on a quail in about 1970+/- a couple years. I had an English Setter and a friend and I went quail/pheasant hunting on another friends farm about 40 miles from home. Covey got up and we picked off a few, then followed "George" around picking up singles and doubles from the scattered covey. George went on point and as I walked up, a single got up and circled to go around behind us. Wind was in my face, sun in my eyes and I lost sight of him in the sun, had just swung past him, so fired and got a face full of feathers and some wet stuff. Looked and looked for that quail... all we found was a lot of feathers, one wing, a leg and the heart hanging in a weed. Poor George couldn't figure out where the quail was, but knew it had to be down somewhere. Was using a Spanish made double barreled 20 guage that belongs to my brother-in-law who left it with me when he moved to California... just occured to me he moved there in '75, so must have been about then. He still lives in CA and I am still keeping it for him :rolleyes: .
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to

restrain the people; it is an instrument for the

people to restrain the government-lest it come to

dominate our lives and interests"

Patrick Henry

#12 Dix

Dix

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

93 yards with iron sights. Killed on first shot. Ruger 10-22 (stock) :tumbs:

Edited by Dix, 14 November 2011 - 09:29 PM.

#13 Scorpion8

Scorpion8

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:29 PM

1975, outside of Gettysburg, PA. We owned 50 acres of farmland and about 15 of it was hillside hardwoods forest. Was out hunting with an Ithaca Model 72 levergun with a Weaver 22 scope (my first true rifle, as I was 15 and had bought it with my own money). Sitting on a deadfall log, listening to turkeys chatter when I spotted a squirrel coming down a thick vine hanging from some dead trees about 30 yards away. The target was vertical as it was descending, so not a shot I was very familiar with. 1 shot of 22LR brought it down, right thru the boilerplant. Never got to hunt much squirrels after that, and the ones we have here are tiny in Alaska.
USN Ret
NRA Life Member, NAHC Life Member

#14 dbp1stltartillery

dbp1stltartillery

Legendary Shooter

• RFS Benefactor
  • 2,373 posts
  • Interests:Rimfire silhouette, rifle and pistol. 1 state champonship (GA) smallbore hunter pistol. 2nd place AA small bore hunter pistol Nationals in Texas. If it goes BANG, I love it. Former Artillery Officer. Dealership Sales Manager, and Master Jeweler.

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

Dads squirrel hunting lesson.. In 1959 I received my first rifle..at age 12 a Winchester Model 67A that I still own today..As an introduction to squirrel hunting he took my brother Joe and I out to the woods behind our house and started the tutorial of, "The Art of Squirrel Hunting" Having hunted with a squirrel dog for many year in his youth around Atlanta and now many years later hunting without said companion he still hunted..With us in tow he proceeded to teach us how to slip quietly through the woods using trees as concealment..We jumped a squirrel on the ground and as usual hauled butt up the nearest tree and started playing ring around the rosie on the tree trunk..When you walked around the tree the squirrel would slide around to the other side..He told us to stand still and with the sun to his back took a stick and began raking it against the tree while holding the rifle on his shoulder one handed..Just as soon as he started the raking the squirrel thought something was climbing up the tree after him and sidled around to the sunny side, was momentarily blinded by the sun....just long enough for Dad to pull the trigger...He nailed him dead center and as we watched him fall my Dad caught him before he hit the ground. He explained it as "sometimes you gotta make the game come to you." That lesson was emblazoned in my brother and my memory..Came in real handy in a land with steamy terrain.

Edited by dbp1stltartillery, 18 January 2012 - 05:50 PM.

The national budget must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work ,instead of living on public assistance.

Things never change.
And Rome Fell

CICERO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~55 BC!!

ONCE THE PUBLIC REALIZES THEY CAN VOTE THEMSELVES MONEY FROM THE PUBLIC TREASURY THE REPUBLIC IS LOST..Ben Franklin and others.

#15 dustoffer

dustoffer

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

93 yds with a CZ 452 Varmint model, shooting Remington Subsonic ammo--

#16 Swiss

Swiss

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, hunting, plinking, target shooting, reloading
    center fire

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

I have one of my tall tails of squirrel hunting.

Here is the deal, when I was a teenager with my dads Marlin 39A I started trying to copy Chuck Connors from the old TV series...."The Rifle Man" with the 39A & got pretty good at it.
So one fall day I was hunting with the 39A & one of those mangy little red squirrels was seen in a brush pile on the move fast so I opened up on him Chuck Connor style & I even hit the little red squirrel DRT....to my amazement :D
Was about 25-35 yards.

Here is what going "Chuck Connors" is with a Lever action rifle....to me anyway.

Man O Man was that cool video or what.
Was allot of fun with the 39A until l got my trigger finger in the wrong place at the wrong time "ouch" :o

Swiss

Edited by Swiss, 15 February 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#17 SNAFU

SNAFU

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:03 AM

Great video midwest.
OK, my best hunting story isn't that great. Well, OK, it wasn't a rimfire, and, OK, I actually missed. Repeatedly. We were in rolling foothills, with a great backstop, walking along one of the numerous long piles of granite rocks. I was using a red squirrel call (in grey squirrel country) much to the amusement of my buddy.
Suddenly this ground squirrel pops up at the top of the pile & looks right at me, I think "what the h*ll" is he doin'? I'm like 20 yards or less away, and he's at my chest level. I slowly let my long gun down to the grass by the sling to avoid major body movement. Then I sloooooowly move my hand to my holster & draw a Colt Gold Cup .45ACP- and off he goes running sideways across the top of the rocks! Silhouetted almost! Off I go- BLAM, BLAM, BLAM, BLAM, BLAM, BLAM, BLAM! Rocks are splattering, granite, smoke & crud are flying all over the place! One shot raised that little suckers rear end up a little, but I missed every time. I switched mags & he finally had enough sense to go down into the rocks instead of across them. I looked over at my buddy & he was bent over laughing so hard he couldn't get air. I thought he was going to soil himself he was laughing so hard.
You know, I guess if you had fun, it was a good hunt.

Edited by SNAFU, 28 February 2012 - 01:30 AM.

Posted Image

#18 Mahindra4110

Mahindra4110

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

It wasn't a squirrel, but my best rimfire shot was 236yds on a crow with 22LR. I was shooting a Marlin 25N from the top of a fencepost.

Edited by Mahindra4110, 02 March 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#19 jaia

jaia

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • Interests:Boats, outboards,
    fishing, diving
    small game hunting
    small caliber firearms
    recurve bows, good coffee

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

I don't know if I should be proud or embarrassed of this shot...

Just after purchasing a CZ 455 with a 17 hmr barrel I was invited to check how effective it was
at dealing with tree rats in a pine farm. Row upon row of 8 inch diameter slash pines with a few
clumps of pecans, oaks and hickory along some of the fire roads. Some gusts were shaking the trees
during pre-front conditions, and the land owner and I were having to work to find squirrels late
in the afternoon. Couldn't listen for the bushy tails location, had to watch for movement in order
to set up a shot. We'd taken a couple of the stupider ones at very short range, 15-20 yards,
as they peeked around the bole of the trees at us, clean head shots. I was reminded of the first
rule of squirrel hunting by my grinning host, "If it ain't a head shot, bury the carcass deep and never admit to it!"
As we worked our way up one of the pine rows he pointed to some motion on the trunk of a pine
some distance ahead. I moved to the right side of the lane to make the shot. Took a little doing
to focus on the tree in the shaded understory, but finally was able to catch a stable position braced
against the side of a pine. The scope was zeroed for 100 yards using a 20 gr fmj, and the parallax adjustment
that gave me the clearest image read between 100 yards and infinity, just past 100. Watching the side of the tree,
I kept seeing the darker outline of the head of the squirrel against the mottled backgound behind it,
poking out and dodging back to keep an eye on us. I sighted just above where his head was the next time
the shadow poked past the side of the tree and squeezed. Saw the shadow bump, disappear and knew it was a clean shot.
Feeling cocky as we walked up to the tree where it'd dropped, there was no squirrel on the ground.
I'm looking around feeling bad, figuring I'd only wounded the critter, when my friend started laughing.
He points up at the tree, wind is blowing, and on the elbow of a swaying branch, just visible from back where
I'd taken the shot, was a fresh score through the bark on the crook of the branch. At 100 plus yards, with a new rifle,
I drilled the "eye" of a moving branch in low light conditions, on a windy day. He's never gonna let me forget it either.

:rolleyes:
jaia...just another interested amateur

#20 BigCountry

BigCountry

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Anything competitive

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

I had just gotten my ruger 10/22 and had put a red dot sight on it. I sighted it in at 25 yards with CCI Subsonic ammo.
The squirrel was on a fence post 70 yards away. I just guessed on hold over and hit him in the ear first shot, the squirrel
just clenched it's claws into the post and didn't move an inch I thought I had missed but when I walked up to it I realized
that it was dead.

#21 snaketail

snaketail

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

I ran over one with my bike! Know how they do that "double-dodge" move to escape - left then right, then left again and run? Well it doesn't work when a road bike is moving 25 MPH. Got him with both wheels. I was luck to stay upright on the bike, well luckier than the squirrel was that day.

Michael

#22 Guest_Viper22_*

Guest_Viper22_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

Edited by Viper22, 16 July 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#23 dbp1stltartillery

dbp1stltartillery

Legendary Shooter

• RFS Benefactor
  • 2,373 posts
  • Interests:Rimfire silhouette, rifle and pistol. 1 state champonship (GA) smallbore hunter pistol. 2nd place AA small bore hunter pistol Nationals in Texas. If it goes BANG, I love it. Former Artillery Officer. Dealership Sales Manager, and Master Jeweler.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

I ran over one with my bike! Know how they do that "double-dodge" move to escape - left then right, then left again and run? Well it doesn't work when a road bike is moving 25 MPH. Got him with both wheels. I was luck to stay upright on the bike, well luckier than the squirrel was that day.

Michael

We have a stretch of road between Valdosta and Fargo, Ga that the guys that ride the ninja crotch rocket bikes like to run 120mph on as it is NOT populated for miles and miles..Trouble is that there are a lot a deer in those piney woods..One hit a deer doing 120++ and went through the deer..Neither lived. We average about 2 motorcyle/deer collisions a year on that road with most being fatal. So far NO Harley riders have made that mistake..Hmm, guess that's the difference between us and the thugs..Dave
The national budget must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work ,instead of living on public assistance.

Things never change.
And Rome Fell

CICERO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~55 BC!!

ONCE THE PUBLIC REALIZES THEY CAN VOTE THEMSELVES MONEY FROM THE PUBLIC TREASURY THE REPUBLIC IS LOST..Ben Franklin and others.

#24 snaketail

snaketail

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

Me: Bike = bicycle. 21 speed Cannondale, 1/2" wide high-pressure tires. Got it up to 40 one day on a steep hill - looked down at the 1/2" wide front tire, thought about it for a second and slowed down.
M

#25 Rimfire Kid

Rimfire Kid

Legendary Shooter

• Administrators
  • 949 posts
  • Interests:small bore silhouette, air rifle silhouette, and field target

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

Mine was not with a rim fire but with a .32 caliber black powder muzzle loader with open black iron sights. The squirrel was about (guessing) 75 feet straight above me in a tree. I aimed and fired. The squirrel came down with a hole in the head.

#26 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • 4,049 posts
  • Interests:.22 Sporters, military rifles and curios, local club matches - 50/25 Sporter, 25/25 Pistol, Rimfire Raptor Match, and CMP Sporter.

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

I had a .32 Dixie Poor Boy Squirrel Rifle for a while.  Plinked with it a lot, but never took it hunting.  Your story makes me wish I had.

Avatar: That is a pic of my Uncle Vernon Creasy hamming it up on the machine gun range in 1943.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users