Dust

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:guns, cars, bikes.
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:19 AM

I was told to get a hammer for the 10/22 to help with trigger pull. I was told VQ, but it seems everyone is saying power custom. Is there a difference in pull weight, overtravel etc.?

#2 S&G Custom

S&G Custom

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Gunsmithing , Hunting , Fishing , Camping , ATV , Shooting

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:51 AM

I was told to get a hammer for the 10/22 to help with trigger pull. I was told VQ, but it seems everyone is saying power custom. Is there a difference in pull weight, overtravel etc.?

I use all VQ in my rifles , they will give you about 1.8 to 2.2 with them. The power custom hammers will give you around 2.5 lbs
All my customers love the VQ trigger pulls. Ive sold over 500 hammer packs over the years and have only had two that didnt function right and that becuase the guys sear was worn down , I replaced the sears and they worked like a champ.

S&G Custom

#3 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts
  • Interests:CMP Rimfire Sporter, Karate, Iaido, Aircraft and most anything that reflects skill and talent.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:54 AM

I use all VQ in my rifles , they will give you about 1.8 to 2.2 with them. The power custom hammers will give you around 2.5 lbs
All my customers love the VQ trigger pulls. Ive sold over 500 hammer packs over the years and have only had two that didnt function right and that becuase the guys sear was worn down , I replaced the sears and they worked like a champ.

S&G Custom

I have put in several of both over the years. The only difference I can tell is the PC hammers come in a bit heaver on the pull. I am a CMP Rimfire Sporter shooter so I need a trigger at 3 pounds, that is the reason I went with the PC, I have had great luck with VQ as well.

Dwight

A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

for Zach, Everett, and Lilly

#4 Dust

Dust

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:guns, cars, bikes.
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:58 PM

Don't plan on competing in an competitions aside from a who shot the most ____ competition. Just want to make the shooting easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users