#1 CB900F

CB900F

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:38 AM

Fella's;

I noticed that a member mentioned having a feed problem with his .22 magnum. You should all know that a common problem with CZ magazines is having the spring reversed. It's not reversed top-to-bottom, but 180 degrees, back-to-front.

If your magazine wants to feed low to the ramp, the reversed spring is most likely the cause. Take a good look at the position of the follower & then do this: To correct it, take a heavy paper clip & push it in the tiny hole in the bottom plate of the mag & then push the plate off the magazine body. Don't let the spring fly out, you want to know how it was in there. Remove the spring, reverse it, and reassemble. You should notice that the front of the follower is riding higher. You may want to do it again & tweak the top coil to further raise the front of the follower, but don't get carried away with the tweak.

This will fix about 95% of the mag feed problems. It irks me that ya have to do it for a very expensive factory mag though.

900F

#2 K22

K22

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:12 PM

So what do you do if it hits the top of the barrel? I did the follower mods. till I was blue in the face, with an end result ( 3 new magazines were used) of either the first three rounds chambering okay, but not good, with the remainder 2 not at all, or the first 2 not at all and the last three chambering with only an okay status. My end results was to send the rifle back. Please don't misunderstand my posts on this, I'm not knocking CZ's, personally I rather like them, but I sure did get a lemon.
And by the way, accuracy was equal to my 141M Anschutz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users