• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Willie

Willie

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Likes fine old 22,s benchrest and all other matches i am able to shoot. I like hunting and fishing to.camping.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:59 AM

I am in the process of puting a scope on a mod. 70 S&L to shoot beanch rest, has eany body tried this or know of eany one who shoots this gun in bneanch rest. It shoots verry good with peep sights, or better than i can. :glare: (WILLIE)

#2 Happy Harry

Happy Harry

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Rimfire Benchrest Competition

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:38 AM

I have a number of the Schultz and Larsen 22lr rifles. The oldest was manufacurered in 1928 (model 24) and I shoot it in USBR Sporter competition. With a 36x scope it barely makes the 8.5# weight, but I had to add a set of aluminum scope rings to make the weight. I have a new Custom class gun (10.5#) this year based on the S&L receiver. It's not finished yet, as I'm waiting on the stock from Canada. Presently the action and Lilja barrel are sitting in the original M70-type stock and early results in competion have been excellent - 2 USBR matches and two wins. I don't know if the new stock will add any points to the score, but it will at least "look" good.

If you are going to shoot any competition with your S&L M70 - weight with the stock M70 is going to be a problem. It's too heavy for Sporter (USBR is 8.5#) and as a stock gun not very competitive in Custom and Unlimited classes. There are no aftermarket triggers available and the factory triggers can't be adjusted low enough to give you a "light" touch on the trigger. On the plus side - they are fun to shoot. You can't beat the "market price" on most of these guns.

Edited by Happy Harry, 15 March 2010 - 07:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users