Lapua Master L on sale

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,008 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting and varmint hunting especially prairie dog shooting. I also enjoy shooting crows and other vermin. My true passion right now is USBR rim fire.
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:09 AM

Lapua Master L is on sale at MIDWAY for $6.39 a box. If you try and order online it will limit you to 3 boxes. I called and got 2 bricks. This is the cheapest I have seen Master is my short rimfire career. Barry biggrin.gif
Barry A. Holmes

#2 Willie

Willie

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Likes fine old 22,s benchrest and all other matches i am able to shoot. I like hunting and fishing to.camping.

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE(Barry @ Apr 29 2009, 08:09 AM) View Post

Lapua Master L is on sale at MIDWAY for $6.39 a box. If you try and order online it will limit you to 3 boxes. I called and got 2 bricks. This is the cheapest I have seen Master is my short rimfire career. Barry biggrin.gif

OK BERRY I ordered mine. you are right this is a verry good deal. be here monday ,I hope rolleyes.gif (WILLIE)

#3 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,008 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting and varmint hunting especially prairie dog shooting. I also enjoy shooting crows and other vermin. My true passion right now is USBR rim fire.

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE(Willie @ Apr 30 2009, 08:52 AM) View Post

OK BERRY I ordered mine. you are right this is a verry good deal. be here monday ,I hope rolleyes.gif (WILLIE)

Willie-That's all that Varmint needed to get into the 230's. Barry tumbs.gif
Barry A. Holmes

#4 Willie

Willie

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Likes fine old 22,s benchrest and all other matches i am able to shoot. I like hunting and fishing to.camping.

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(Barry @ Apr 30 2009, 09:16 AM) View Post

Willie-That's all that Varmint needed to get into the 230's. Barry tumbs.gif

Berry i though all i had to do was lean it aganst danny,s tree to make it shoot better?
I bought two bricks my self. I dont know how long this deal will last? rolleyes.gif (WILLIE)

#5 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:40 PM

I can't believe it will last long at all. This may be the last of it. I read somewhere that Midway has 9,000 boxes of 50. I hope it works for both of us. How much does Danny charge? rolleyes.gif Barry
Barry A. Holmes

#6 Willie

Willie

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:22 AM

QUOTE(Barry @ Apr 30 2009, 01:40 PM) View Post

I can't believe it will last long at all. This may be the last of it. I read somewhere that Midway has 9,000 boxes of 50. I hope it works for both of us. How much does Danny charge? rolleyes.gif Barry

Ihavent asked, but every gun he leans next to that tree seems to shoot real good. I thing he could sell clipings off of it I would pay if it worked, IT would beat my babbit foot laugh.gif (WILLIE)

#7 Pearyw

Pearyw

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

I looked at Midway today and they are sold out.

#8 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:45 PM

Yea, Peary. It was all gone Monday or Tuesday. You don't see deals like that very often. Barry
Barry A. Holmes

#9 Rick Johnson Jr

Rick Johnson Jr

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE(Barry @ May 7 2009, 05:45 PM) View Post

Yea, Peary. It was all gone Monday or Tuesday. You don't see deals like that very often. Barry

I ordered 4 cases, or more correctly, 400 boxes. That is exactly what I got 400 boxes with 17 different lot numbers between them. I'm not complaining as it was a good deal but I have 5 orphan lots with less than 3 boxes for a lot. The rest have enough to keep me happy without worrying about having to change lot numbers mid-match.
Rick

#10 Pearyw

Pearyw

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:54 AM

I was just looking at Midway this morning and they were showing the Lapua Master L for $4.95 a box with 98 boxes in stock. I just ordered 20 boxes and it went thru.

#11 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:41 AM

Thanks, Peary. I just got 20 boxes and it did seem to go through. I hope so. Barry tumbs.gif
Barry A. Holmes

#12 Pearyw

Pearyw

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:05 PM

I looked on Midway and they show my order as having been shipped. They have run out of the master L ammo.

#13 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:16 PM

My order has shipped also. 10 minutes after placing my order they changed the price and then 1 hour later it was gone completely. Thanks again, Peary, for the heads up. Barry
Barry A. Holmes

#14 Pearyw

Pearyw

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:05 PM

Mine came this afternoon. I ended up with six different lots.

#15 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:15 PM

Mine came this afternoon. I ended up with six different lots.

Mine came today and had 6 different lot#s as well. The only good thing(besides the price-thanks again Peary) was one of the lot#s was from a lot I got last time and is one of the better shooters. It's hard to complain much for $4.95 a box. That has got to be one of the best deals I have ever gotten on ammo. Barry
Barry A. Holmes

#16 Pearyw

Pearyw

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:17 AM

Which lot number was the best one? I took one group that I had the most of, 5 boxes, and sorted it by weight and rim thickness. I found so little variation that I don't think I will bother with any of the rest of it.

#17 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:06 AM

Which lot number was the best one? I took one group that I had the most of, 5 boxes, and sorted it by weight and rim thickness. I found so little variation that I don't think I will bother with any of the rest of it.

I'm at work right now so I don't have my notes in front of me but it seems like it was 6232 I . There is one other # that is good also but I don't remember that number. I never sort Lapua Master or Midas. Like your findings there is not enough variation to warrant the time and effort. Barry
Barry A. Holmes

#18 Pearyw

Pearyw

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:58 AM

I'm at work right now so I don't have my notes in front of me but it seems like it was 6232 I . There is one other # that is good also but I don't remember that number. I never sort Lapua Master or Midas. Like your findings there is not enough variation to warrant the time and effort. Barry

#19 Pearyw

Pearyw

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:59 AM

Thanks, I didn't get any with that lot number.

#20 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • 5,726 posts
  • Interests:Remington collector "wanna-be".

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:31 AM

A "good" lot # for one rifle may not be best in another... you need to test for each individual rifle. My rifle shoots Eley off the #1 machine in the mid-1050s fps range. A small adjustment in the tuner will compensate for a slight variation in speed. Several of my friends find almost anything off #2 or #4 machines shoots in their rifles. The same is no doubt true of Lapua... different strokes...........!
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to

restrain the people; it is an instrument for the

people to restrain the government-lest it come to

dominate our lives and interests"

Patrick Henry

#21 Patrick N

Patrick N

I Need A Range Day!

• Resident PC Advisor
  • 2,377 posts
  • Interests:Rimfire BR, Smallbore Silhouette, Smallbore 4P, & CMP Rimfire Sporter...and enjoying all of it!

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:58 PM

Anyone have any input regarding Lapua Center X? I just ordered a brick of it to put through my rifles. I'm almost out of match grade ammo so I also ordered a brick of Eley Match, SK Match, and four boxes of Lapua Midas+ (to test). My wife almost fell over when I told her how much it cost. I don't spend very often and I just received a retention bonus from work so we're ok. I also have a 100 of the Green Monters coming from USBR and hopefully some wind flags are next.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by trying to make it tougher for sober people to own cars.

#22 Barry

Barry

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:35 PM

Anyone have any input regarding Lapua Center X? I just ordered a brick of it to put through my rifles. I'm almost out of match grade ammo so I also ordered a brick of Eley Match, SK Match, and four boxes of Lapua Midas+ (to test). My wife almost fell over when I told her how much it cost. I don't spend very often and I just received a retention bonus from work so we're ok. I also have a 100 of the Green Monters coming from USBR and hopefully some wind flags are next.

Don't have alot of history with Center-X but I did shoot a 236-5X on a USBR target. It shoots better for me than the Midas+. Barry
Barry A. Holmes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users