8 replies to this topic

#1 toopointer

toopointer

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:53 PM

I read on one of my sites about a friend going to buy .22 ammo, and the dealer said the warehouses were out of it ? Any ideas on this ?

too

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Distinguished Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 317 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

i have not noticed huge supply issues with .22lr ammo. Some retailers do have lower stock levels than usual though. This is especially true for the big box stores.

#3 cp1969

cp1969

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 1,980 posts
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

While I was at WM this morning, I asked the sporting goods clerk if they had any Blue Box Federal ammo. They didn't, but he said they were due to receive some Monday morning. He also said their ammo sales have tripled since November.

I wonder how much the gun and ammo manufacturers contributed to BO? If they didn't contribute to him, they sure should have; he's done wonders for their sales.
Anbody who believes in gun control should be taken out and shot.

#4 toopointer

toopointer

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:44 PM

Hi, from what I'm hearing, ammo prices are going to skyrocket. Obama believes it is easier to price ammo out of reach, than taking guns away. I would suggest that everyone buy what they can afford right now.

too

#5 Big John

Big John

Legendary Shooter

• Team Leaders RFS
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, science fiction and fantasy and millitary history, espescily Dubya Dubya Two. Oh, and biulding models of all that stuff. I can't decide which I like more, The scream of a high preformance jet as it passes overhead, the roar of a radial engined fighter as it makes a low level pass, or the the jack hammer staccato of a Ma Duce being fired on full auto.
    ( I rulled ot the Enterprise going to warp, 'Cause that ain't real.)

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:39 AM

Keep in mind that OSHA has gone meddling with ammo before on the whole "lead is hazardous" premise, and gotten slapped down by the BATF. Bearurcratic turf wars may work to oiur favor where ammmo supply is concerned. Also, all those Democrats in the House and Senate are Backing hastily away from any talk of firearms legislation. Even Nancy Pelosi has been heard to say,
"We need to enforce existing laws."
Why are Democrats talking like this? Gun and ammo sales for one. You'd have to be an idiot not to notice the tripling of ammo and gun sales after the election. People are voting with thier wallets, during a full blown ressesion, no less.
The other reason is the aftermath of the "assault weapons ban". The AWB wasn't the only reason the Dems got kicked out of power in '94, but it was a contributing factor. All but the most fanatic gun banners realise this and will act accordingly. I know I'm being the "glass half full" guy here. I'm not saying we should relax and let what happens, happen. The price of Freedom is eternal vigilance, after all. I'm just saying we've got a few things going for us and the situation isn't as bad as it fist appears.
Unless you live in California rolleyes.gif I'm sorry guys. I just had to go there.
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

#6 Carl

Carl

RFS Benefactor

• Consultant / Mentor
  • 5,731 posts
  • Interests:Remington collector "wanna-be".

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:48 AM

One thing we need to watch out for is, under the Clinton administration, there were "regulations" instituted that did not require congress to pass or approve because they are not "law". Many were rescinded during the Bush years as too costly or impossible to control. So, it will make a difference how BATFE is run and who is in charge of the Justice Dept. and that section of it.

A question here at this point.... wasn't the old BATF at one time under the Treasury Dept., or is my memory having another senior moment?

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to

restrain the people; it is an instrument for the

people to restrain the government-lest it come to

dominate our lives and interests"

Patrick Henry

#7 patriot

patriot

RFS Benefactor

• Administrators
  • 2,978 posts
  • Interests:Any precision rifle or handgun. Long range and smallbore prone matches. People who are passionate about all things.

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE(Carl @ Mar 3 2009, 05:48 AM) View Post

A question here at this point.... wasn't the old BATF at one time under the Treasury Dept., or is my memory having another senior moment?

I believe you are right.

Never forget two summers ago they tried to sneak rules into OSHA that would have all but prevented ammo and components from being shipped. While we rallied to kill the idea, we never found out who was pulling the strings on the director.

Mark

#8 Pat C

Pat C

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, varmint hunting, space modeling, writing, music, astronomy

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE(patriot @ Mar 3 2009, 07:53 AM) View Post

I believe you are right.

Never forget two summers ago they tried to sneak rules into OSHA that would have all but prevented ammo and components from being shipped. While we rallied to kill the idea, we never found out who was pulling the strings on the director.

Mark

Totally off topic, but maybe tangentially relative...
I used to be involved in high power rocketry (think of the Estes stuff you maybe played with as a kid, but grown up size), way kewl stuff.

Note I say *used* to be. Several years ago BATFE decided the propellant was a low explosive, and we had to get explosives permits to buy and keep motors over 62.5 grams. That is a big deal, and not cheap at all. The two national rocketry organizations have been tied up in a lawsuit against them for years now, with no end in sight. And I used to laugh at "Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms ought to be a convenience store, not a government agency"!

Bottom line, once the guvmint's decided a certain activity is "undesirable", I never doubt their ability to overcomplicate it out of existence. The Heller decision may be hard for the Dems to maneuver around, so I fully expect them to find a way to price ammo out of reach for most of us. Suppose I'll have to learn how to load my own sooner than planned.

Edited by Pat C, 03 March 2009 - 08:35 PM.

#9 cp1969

cp1969

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE(Pat C @ Mar 3 2009, 08:33 PM) View Post

And I used to laugh at "Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms ought to be a convenience store, not a government agency"!

I'm laughing at that now. That's a good idea; one stop shopping.

Anbody who believes in gun control should be taken out and shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users