#1 82boy

82boy

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:48 PM

I bought a few boxes of Eley sport, maybe I am wrong but It seems to me that this is an unpopular 22lr round. I weighed a couple of boxes, and found them very consistent all in the 50.3- 51.0 area. ( it also seams weight don't mean nothing in 22s)

What is every ones thoughts, and experince with this round?

#2 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
  • Interests:.22 Sporters, military rifles and curios, local club matches - 50/25 Sporter, 25/25 Pistol, Rimfire Raptor Match, and CMP Sporter.

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:38 AM

If you have been reading about "disappointment", I think it is probably being generated by expectations. People see the name Eley and they think of target grade accuracy. They think of ammo manufactured at the grand Eley facility in England. Eley Sport is neither.

It is practice grade ammo made in Mexico and sold at a modest price. My CMP Sporter team purchased three cases of it at Camp Perry at a super price and we have put it to work in our local matches. A few moments ago I tossed two boxes of it in the range bag for today's local CMP Sporter Match. I was shooting SK Std Plus exclusively in this local match. But, from the August match to the present, I have been shooting the Eley Sport due to the cost of ammuniton these days. I will save the SK Std Plus, SK Rifle Match, SK Pistol Match, and Eley Biathlon EPS for the accuracy games (BR) and the National Sporter Match. I fired a 100-10X in slow prone with it a couple of months ago. So, it will get the job done for what it is designed to do.

I can't tell you anything about weighing .22 ammo or running it through case gauges and sorting it etc. When one takes it to that level it is becoming work and not fun in my book. But, to each his own. More power to the more fastidious among us. We learn much from them.

Eley Sport is okay. Seems like it was beginning to run pretty smooth im my CZ Special as the bore seasoned to it as evidenced by the 50 yard target below:

IPB Image

#3 Serena

Serena

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Thinking; endeavors which bring beauty and goodness.

Enjoy shooting CBs, Super Colibris, & .177 pellets, and all at the grand distance of circa 15 feet. :)

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:01 AM

Danny, thanks for all the info. I appreciate it! I like the boxes on the target, too. Hope you have a great time today!

Edited by Serena, 22 November 2008 - 06:04 AM.

May you be blessed with warmth in your home,
love in your heart, peace in your soul, and joy in your life.

#4 Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy

.22s - the great escape

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
  • Interests:.22 Sporters, military rifles and curios, local club matches - 50/25 Sporter, 25/25 Pistol, Rimfire Raptor Match, and CMP Sporter.

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:17 PM

We had a blast.

http://rimfireshooti...st=0#entry21674

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users