#1 pepperbelly

pepperbelly

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:10 PM

I saw in the latest CDNN flyer that they have Russian CM2 olympic style target rifle for $299.99.
Military Gun Supply has Schultz and Larsen M70 .22 Target Rifles for the same price.

Is there any difference in the quality/accuracy of these rifles?
Is there enough of a difference to make one a definately better choice over the other?

From looking at a few pics I managed to find CDNN is selling Model Ural 221 .22 rifles, not the CM2 rifles.

I can buy the Schultz and Larson rifle locally for $299.95.

Between the Ural and the S&L which would be a better choice?

Thanks,
Jim

NRA Life member

#2 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
  • Interests:CMP Rimfire Sporter, Karate, Iaido, Aircraft and most anything that reflects skill and talent.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:41 PM

I wish I knew enough to advise you Jim , but I do not. I would like to welcome you to RFS.

Sincerly

Dwight Pilkilton

A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

for Zach, Everett, and Lilly

#3 pepperbelly

pepperbelly

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE(Pdwight @ Nov 11 2008, 04:41 PM) View Post

I wish I knew enough to advise you Jim , but I do not. I would like to welcome you to RFS.

Sincerly

Dwight Pilkilton

Are these rifles about equilavent in quality and accuracy?
I collect C&R weapons and Schultz and Larsen target rifles in 6.5x55 are still used in Sweden and Europe for competitions. I assume, and I hate to do that, that the .22 S&L rifles would be good.
I am not expecting Anshutz quality, but if these are about the same I will take the S&L since it is close.

Jim

#4 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 7,535 posts
  • Interests:CMP Rimfire Sporter, Karate, Iaido, Aircraft and most anything that reflects skill and talent.

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE(pepperbelly @ Nov 11 2008, 10:26 PM) View Post

Are these rifles about equilavent in quality and accuracy?
I collect C&R weapons and Schultz and Larsen target rifles in 6.5x55 are still used in Sweden and Europe for competitions. I assume, and I hate to do that, that the .22 S&L rifles would be good.
I am not expecting Anshutz quality, but if these are about the same I will take the S&L since it is close.

Jim

Hi Jim , Willie on here had a S&L and I got a chance to shoot it, if it is the same gun it was Anschutz quality......a very nice rifle.

Dwight

A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

for Zach, Everett, and Lilly

#5 Willie

Willie

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Likes fine old 22,s benchrest and all other matches i am able to shoot. I like hunting and fishing to.camping.

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:33 PM

HIGH JIM THE GUN DEWIGHT DESCRIBED BELONG TO MY BROTHER. HELET ME KEEP AND SHOOT IT FOR AWHILE.THE S&L THAT HE HAS IS VERRY WELL BUILT AND AKC. IS VERRY GOOD . IT DONT THROW THE EMPTY CASE OUT OF THE CHAMBER IT DOES HOWEVER PULL OUT OF THE OF THE BARREL INTO THE CHAMBER I WAS TOLED THAT IT WAS MADE THAT WAY . I HAVE HURD PARTS ARE HARD TO FIND .BUT AS A COLLECTABLE IT IS A SHOOTER AND A VERRY GOOD BARGEN FOR THAT PRICE PS; YOU MIGHT TRY(ASK JIM) ON THIS SITE (WILLIE)

Edited by Willie, 13 November 2008 - 05:22 AM.

#6 pepperbelly

pepperbelly

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:09 PM

While trying to decide between these 2 rifles I happened to find another rifle for sale.
It is a Kimber Model 82 Government originally sold by the CMP.
This rifle is selling for $450.00. The first 2 are selling for $300.00.

Would the Kimber be a better rifle?

I hate to bug ya'll about this but I hate to waste money better spent on something else.

Thanks,
Jim

#7 pepperbelly

pepperbelly

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:40 PM

I just saw that he also has a H&R M12 for the same price as the Kimber.

Jim

#8 Willie

Willie

Legendary Shooter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Likes fine old 22,s benchrest and all other matches i am able to shoot. I like hunting and fishing to.camping.

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:35 AM

JIM IF YOU CAN BUY A KIMBER 82.GOVERMENT FOR .$450 THAT IS A GOOD DEAL . IF IT HAS THE SIGHTS EVEN BETTER I HAVE SEEN A YOUNG GIRL SHOOT ONE OF THOSE IN BENCH REST AND PUT ALOT OF US TO SHAME , BUT AS FOR ME AHA; I WANT THEM ALL tumbs.gif (WILLIE) biggrin.gif

#9 canadian soldier

canadian soldier

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:ww2 service rifle shooting<br />rimfire shooting<br />hunting<br />fishing<br />reloading<br />photography <br />drinking beer<br />

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

i own a schultz&larssen hard gun to beat for the money i would say there action is comparable to a 64 action anchutz

#10 pepperbelly

pepperbelly

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(canadian soldier @ Mar 31 2009, 08:20 PM) View Post

i own a schultz&larssen hard gun to beat for the money i would say there action is comparable to a 64 action anchutz

I had forgotten this thread. I bought an Anschutz match 64.

Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users