#1 hillbilly shooter

hillbilly shooter

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Anti Spam Check:739

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:41 PM

I have a model 52b that has a very!!! touchy trigger. does anyone know how to adjust it?? Unlike the c and d models, there is no external adjustment screw that I can find. HELP

#2 Serena

Serena

Distinguished Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Thinking; endeavors which bring beauty and goodness.

Enjoy shooting CBs, Super Colibris, & .177 pellets, and all at the grand distance of circa 15 feet. :)

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:34 PM

Hillbilly Shooter, welcome! I wish I knew something to tell you. There are some forum members who will know very useful things. They will post as soon as they can.

Meanwhile, I'm glad you found the forum. Hope you like it here.
May you be blessed with warmth in your home,
love in your heart, peace in your soul, and joy in your life.

#3 Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*

Guest_TONY Q.C.I.S._*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:04 PM

Here is a link to a PDF of your owner

Edited by TONY Q.C.I.S., 10 November 2008 - 11:05 PM.

#4 Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE(hillbilly shooter @ Nov 10 2008, 06:41 PM) View Post

I have a model 52b that has a very!!! touchy trigger. does anyone know how to adjust it?? Unlike the c and d models, there is no external adjustment screw that I can find. HELP

Hi hillbilly shooter. I'm new to the site and just started benchrest shooting, acquired a winchester 52c. I don't know if you got the trigger figured out, but according to my book on 52's if you remove the bolt, the first screw but end holds the action to the stock the next screw, slightly recessed and smaller is your trigger adjustment. Turning the screw clockwise will increase the trigger pull and counter clockwise will decrease the trigger pull.
Hope this is helpful. By the way the book I'm referring to is"The Winchester Model 52" by Herbert G. Houze.
Yosemite Sam cool.gif

#5 Pdwight

Pdwight

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts
  • Interests:CMP Rimfire Sporter, Karate, Iaido, Aircraft and most anything that reflects skill and talent.

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE(Yosemite Sam @ Mar 28 2009, 08:32 PM) View Post

Hi hillbilly shooter. I'm new to the site and just started benchrest shooting, acquired a winchester 52c. I don't know if you got the trigger figured out, but according to my book on 52's if you remove the bolt, the first screw but end holds the action to the stock the next screw, slightly recessed and smaller is your trigger adjustment. Turning the screw clockwise will increase the trigger pull and counter clockwise will decrease the trigger pull.
Hope this is helpful. By the way the book I'm referring to is"The Winchester Model 52" by Herbert G. Houze.
Yosemite Sam cool.gif

Here is something you can do that will not hurt anything. I learned a long time ago from some old timers that the trigger mechanism needs to be free from all oil or it will be very touchy. You could use some gun scrubber to completely degrease the trigger and then use a light coat of lighter fluid (Naphtha) and let it dry out.....this will leave just enough oil to keep it from rusting. Try this and see if helps.........it can't hurt.

Dwight

A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

for Zach, Everett, and Lilly

#6 68driftr

68driftr

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:48 PM

I have a 1948 era 52b that has an adjustable trigger, the pull weight is adjusted by removing the bolt and accessing the screw at the back of the receiver, there is also a small sear engagement screw up under the front of the trigger. Good luck, hope this helps!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users