3 replies to this topic

#1 Skinnedknuckles

Skinnedknuckles

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

I have two newer Neos pistols and just purchased an older (but basically NIB) Neos.

The one I've owned the longest is the latest manufacture date and the trigger pull after about 5K rounds is just under 4#. It came with the new firing pin.

The next newest one I bought used with a "few hundred" rounds reported and the trigger pull is about 4-1/2#. This is after going back for the new firing pin under the recall.

The latest acquisition, but oldest date of manufacture, has a couple hundred rounds by me (reported unfired by previous owner. I can't confirm this but the condition bears it out). Didn't check the pull before return for the recall but now its trigger pull is almost 7#.

I've heard that the sear spring has the largest effect on trigger pull. Does anyone know if Beretta changed the sear spring in later manufactured pistols that might explain the difference I'm seeing? If so, I can purchase a replacement from Brownell's and lower the pull without having to look for a mini Bic lighter.

Thanks for your help.

#2 slim-willy

slim-willy

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:shooting then fishing then more shooting then more fishing

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

try this link it may help

http://hexidismal.awardspace.com/
they have some good info about the neos

#3 38super

38super

Distinguished Shooter

• Consultant / Mentor
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:Steel Challenge (CF/RF)<br />IPSC/USPSA<br />3 Gun<br />Airguns (BR, Silhouette)<br />Home Machining

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

The flint spring from a BIC lighter is the only readily available spring. If you look a hexidecimal's pics, the ones with a green apron background are mine.

#4 Skinnedknuckles

Skinnedknuckles

Tinhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Well, I answered my own question. The NEOS with the high trigger pull (S/N P22xxx) does have a spring made of thicker wire and thus a higher spring rate. I took the spring from another NEOS (S/N P91xxx mad about 3-4 years later) and compared them. The older spring has wire about .0165" thick while the newer spring has wire about .014" thick. You can see the difference when you look at them side by side in the picture. That said, I did get a flint spring from a BIC mini lighter and cut it off as instructed. It (and the polishing) yielded a 3.5# pull. I did not modify the firing pin, so it still has the noticeable take up travel in the trigger pull.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users